What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: show specials?  (Read 6928 times)

mgc91941

show specials?
« on: June 20, 2004, 09:11:44 pm »
We just visited the local Del Mar Fair and looked at spas.  We really liked the Sundance Cameo, but at the "Show Special" price of $9200, it's a bit more than we were hoping to pay.  We also looked at a Catalina Coronado which was priced at $5695.  

Both dealers claimed that we were saving thousands of dollars off their regular prices by buying during the Fair.  Based on prices mentioned in other posts I've read here, it seems like even these "special" prices are higher than the norm in other parts of the country (I am in San Diego, CA).  

We need to take some time to learn more about spas and don't want to make a rushed decision just to take advantage of a "show special" price.  I'm hoping that we could still negotiate a good price even after the fair.

Will we be able to get as good or better pricing after the Fair ends?

Hot Tub Forum

show specials?
« on: June 20, 2004, 09:11:44 pm »

OnMedic

Re: show specials?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 09:24:36 pm »
There will be another sale next week, don't worry! I am sure if you walked in to thier showroom in two weeks they wouldn't turn down the offer.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 09:25:45 pm »
Not sure how the show stuff works and what you can get from the same dealer afterwards.  But, we just had a quote of 7720 for a Cameo.  That included cover, chems, ozone, steps, and delivery.  It was another 250 for a lifter.

We also passed on the deal as we felt we were being rushed into something we were not ready for.  They claimed the free ozone and steps was this weekend only.  

I also don't understand the cost difference where you are around the country.  Don't all the dealers pay the same for these tubs from the manufacturer?

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

ZNICK

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 09:57:39 pm »
Volume and shipping distances make a difference, but different dealers are in different situations....

Some have higher overhead, others pay a higher commission to their reps.  Some dealers are in areas where there is a lot of competition, others have very little, so it's easier to "stick" to their guns. Some include delivery and others don't. Some start higher and are more willing to negotiate, others start lower and typically wont.

Different areas also have more "$" than others... in other words people can afford more.  

It sounds weird, but that's business!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 09:59:56 pm »
Yes, as a rule, prices are higher at shows and fairs. It is very expensive to rent the space, pay all the people to set up and tear down, electricity (yup), and then to set up a dozen spas.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 10:23:48 pm »
Yes, as a rule, prices are higher at shows and fairs...
In general, shows may be a good place to educate yourself about spas but it's better to visit the local dealers for the purchase.
e

SpaAngel

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 11:07:43 pm »
Hi, there.  I'm sure this will prove helpful.  We were recently quoted a price of $7,995 for the Cameo at a Sundance dealer in Kearny Mesa.  Did not include ozone or lift.  These items would be an extra $250.  Go to your local dealer!!!!

Interesting, though.  We visited almost all of the spa dealers in town prior to the Fair opening, and all of them stated that they were honoring Fair prices before the Fair.  Now I hear that they are hiking the prices up at the Fair.  Glad I bought from a local dealer.  Good luck to you.  If you have time and energy, take a trip down 78 (spa row!!!).

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2004, 11:24:43 pm »
SpaAngel,
What did you end up buying?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004, 11:44:53 pm »
I was told by a number of disgrunted spa dealers that tha price at the Del Mar Fair has gotten ridiculous..

Spa space is blind auctioned for up to 100K think about the number of spas that have to be sold to cover that one.  ???

We were looking at the slightly larger Optima at champagne spas in vista. Somewhere between 8,000 and 8,500 depending on features.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 12:19:17 am »
Hi...

I do not think you will get any special deal at a show here in SO CAL...besides the high cost to rent a space...many of the spas shown are sold by traveling sales  teams....that only get paid paid on the bottom line profit and will be gone once the show is over....( get it in writing what you are told)...Master has been playing a game around here of late and I truly wonder if it is even legal...they are promoting a spa show with many makers only the show is them and their lines....along with soft spa a non competitive low end spa....but they are marketing it as having many manufactures there...very questionable and under handed selling on their part....it is to bad because they may have a good product....but ruin themselfs with selling like that....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 12:32:56 am »
Interesting responses and not at all what I thought.

I know that we here go to 5 shows a year. Our pricing doesn't increase for these and some of these are well over $10,000.00 for a 3 day show. It's a cost of doing business and rarely do we sell less than 25 spas at them. We make them work for us without inflating pricing. Relying on volume really.

If anything, we take an inventory of scratch & dents, or previous years models to blow out. Over and above, Beachcomber help us out with additional value as well.

The other aspect to determining this "once in a lifetime" offer, is ask them to show you an invoice from the week prior for the same tub you are concidering. Let's just see how smok'n this deal really is... ???

My suggestion... do your homework at the local stores (more relaxed atmosphere) and buy at a show when ready. Well, maybe in Canada anyway. Sounds like you Yanks have it a bit arse backwards! ;D

Because these shows are so expensive and they are there to sell, advice on features and benefits isn't their primary goal. Some hire closers just for these shows. I don't think you'll get much of education on spas this way.

Steve

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2004, 12:36:38 am »
Hey Steve,

That why I said SO CAl...out here a space can get over a 100 grand....way out of hand....I am sure in some places they work great....but not in my shopping in this area.....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2004, 12:42:42 am »
You can do a hell of a lot of advertising for that sort of money. Maybe even hire me for a weekend! ;D

Steve

SpaAngel

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2004, 12:57:35 am »
Artesian Piper Glen.  Just got it installed this Friday and am very pleased!!!   :)

Waiting on the gazebo (won't be here until 7/14).   :(

I fully intend to post pics!!!  This is a great forum and am glad to be a member!!!  You guys are the best.  Thank you.   :D

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2004, 01:47:39 am »
... do your homework at the local stores (more relaxed atmosphere) and buy at a show when ready.
True, true, excellent point... if you've done your homework before going to the show you'll know just what kind of a "deal" you are being offered.

From what I understand, most customers cruising spa shows are just getting their feet wet and haven't yet identified their homework assignments.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 01:48:26 am by empolgation »
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2004, 01:47:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42