What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: show specials?  (Read 6929 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: show specials?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 12:07:52 pm »
We need to take some time to learn more about spas and don't want to make a rushed decision

Thats the key.  There will be another show.  Some dealers do offer legitimate specials at shows like that.  Frequently dealers don't have enough personel to work shows like that and Factory reps are on hand to gice reduced prices from the factory.  

Keep looking, see what their normal prices in the store are.  As the dealer sees you and becomes familiar with you they will know you are a serious buyer and those "special prices" will probably return.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 12:07:52 pm »

SunshyneGyrl

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 12:50:28 am »
I know we had been looking for a few years before we finally bought.  But at "most" of the shows here on the east coast, the prices always were much lower than the rest of the time.  here we have 2 good shows in the spring and 2 in the fall and always the best time to buy with lots of extras for lower prices!  i know some times the "lower" end spas with rent the fair grounds or what and set up shop for a weekend and then leave town.  those shows are completely different here.  dont know how they all work over the country though

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 01:06:04 pm »
Expensive, you wont believe what Del Mar did this year. There were so many spa dealers wanting into that show, they made them bid on the booths in sealed bids. This did two things, vastly increasedc the price of booth spas, and elimnated MANY reputable dealers that couldn't aford more than 8 or 10K to be in the show. The high bid to get into the show came from calspas (factory sponsored) @ $150,000. The loest bid to get into the show, i forget who it was, was $65,000. If you buy a spa at the del mar fair, I'd guess you are getting majorly screwed.

Yes, as a rule, prices are higher at shows and fairs. It is very expensive to rent the space, pay all the people to set up and tear down, electricity (yup), and then to set up a dozen spas.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

fritz

• I like pools
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 05:26:08 pm »
Hey Steve

I get you got already a new job? If you don't I hire you not just for a weekend, but for at least 25 sold tubs!!!
;) Fritz

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 05:26:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42