What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help identifying spa brand  (Read 2579 times)

NOLALiz

Help identifying spa brand
« on: July 04, 2014, 11:58:18 am »
Hello,

I just moved into a new home with a beautiful 14' pool/spa. Unfortunately, it is too large for this space and we are looking to trade it in for a smaller model. 

This is difficult since I do not know the brand name and it does not seem to be posted anywhere on the unit.  The control panel is Balboa and the filter is Waterways, but I know those are both very common. 

I've included some photos, can anyone assist with identifying the brand/model?  Original owner bought it in 2012 and claims she spend $20,000.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Help identifying spa brand
« on: July 04, 2014, 11:58:18 am »

clover

Re: Help identifying spa brand
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:44:58 am »
Look in the equipment area for a manufacturer's serial number.  That will include the manufacturer's name close by.

The manufacturer has used Balboa controls and Waterways shell applications.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

NOLALiz

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 11:55:40 am »
Thanks for the response, Clover.

Can you let me know what equipment area you are talking about and where I might find it on the spa?  There is a full wooden cabinet with no labeling of any sort on it and the only logos/numbers I found were the Balboa and Waterways. 

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 07:53:46 pm »
The equipment is probably located under the seats.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

NOLALiz

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 02:37:44 pm »
Thanks, Dr. Spa.

Will I have to remove some of the wooden cabinet to see the equipment area you are talking about?  The seats are just solid plastic and there is no way to get under them without opening the cabinet up. 

I appreciate you all helping out a spa newbie!  Just hoping to trade this in for one that makes more sense in our patio area. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 09:54:47 pm »
Thanks, Dr. Spa.

Will I have to remove some of the wooden cabinet to see the equipment area you are talking about?  The seats are just solid plastic and there is no way to get under them without opening the cabinet up. 

I appreciate you all helping out a spa newbie!  Just hoping to trade this in for one that makes more sense in our patio area.

Yes it would be located in the panel under the controls

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 09:54:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42