What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP wife put down money on hot tub and like advice think she spent too much  (Read 4260 times)

Tx26257

Well wife and and mother I law where shopping today and we been talking about a hot tub but due to my work just had not had time. She asked if the could go look and I thought why not. She saw a Sundance Hartford which she thought was a nice big spa. So the two of the wet tested and like it. This particular one has two pumps one just to circulate and led all around and a light up water fall. Pulse this one does have a installed radio/iPod system. Comes with steps, cover and a cover removal system. I believe everything else is standard on this one. Total out the door and delivered and set up is 10,000 which sounds high. Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
  I don't know where you live but without being rude or make you feel bad, I think you spent too much..    The Hartford was or is in the 680 series which is considered the low end of the totem pole for Sundance.  Just like Jacuzzi 200 low 300 mid and 400 high series.  Still a great spa though, what were they asking for the Optima 20,000? 

Like I said it's a nice spa and does have the stereo which adds to the value, still high IMO.

Tx26257

Ok I will see if I can get a refund. We also looked Jacuzzi j-365 with stereo for 11,000 and I thought that was high to. So don't know what to do

silverbullet

I just got a nice used Great lakes from a local dealer that both my wife & I are loving. Total I've spent with hookup is $2.650.  8)

Budule

Ok I will see if I can get a refund. We also looked Jacuzzi j-365 with stereo for 11,000 and I thought that was high to. So don't know what to do

im looking at the same Jacuzzi (355 though , same tub but with lounger)  was told its  $12,999.00 but on sale for $10,495.00.....then $500.00 more off plus free steps and lifter made it $10,598.70 with tax delivered and installed.....and maybe 500 more off as my wifes  boss is looking at one too and if he buys there I get that off too.....

richierich

You should be able to get an Optima without stereo for $10K out the door. The tub your wife bought with all the bells and  whistles would probably  come in at around $7500.

clover

Well wife and and mother I law where shopping today and we been talking about a hot tub but due to my work  She asked if the could go look and I thought why not.
WOW, what a woman, it would appear that money was not an obstacle to bring health and happiness to her husband.  But then, when she informed you of her commitment to please you, your sphincter muscles tightened right up.

Don't be harsh, but get involved, so that you too are comfortable with the purchase.  I don't know her, but I'm in love with her.

Find another Sundance dealer and go shop the details, and understand the choices.  You will then understand what dealer "B" would charge, then you will know the answer to your question.  But man, you gotta love that woman.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

You should be able to get an Optima without stereo for $10K out the door. The tub your wife bought with all the bells and  whistles would probably  come in at around $7500.

10k for an Optima all in? maybe 8 years ago...where do all the unrealistic prices come from on this forum?  if somebody is selling them for ~$9,500 pre tax I would recommend they do some market research because there leaving all kinds of money on the table

richierich

I should have said you should be able to purchase an Optima for around or close to $10k. That is the exact price I paid in June 2013.

10k for an Optima all in? maybe 8 years ago...where do all the unrealistic prices come from on this forum?  if somebody is selling them for ~$9,500 pre tax I would recommend they do some market research because there leaving all kinds of money on the table

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42