What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: is it big enough  (Read 3138 times)

hefsspa

is it big enough
« on: July 01, 2014, 09:42:27 pm »
HomeProductsModel 1102 (Seats 5 With Lounger)

I'm looking at purchasing this model hot tub and I am concerned about the amount of water it holds. According to my calculations this tub 80" x 78" x 32" may be too small for me since it only holds 220  gallons. I thought a tub for 5 would hold around 450 gallons!

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Shell Dimensions: 80” x 78” / 203.2 cm x 198.1 cm
Height: 32” / 81.3 cm
Volume: 220 US gallons / 833 liters
Weight Full: 2,334 lbs / 1,061 kg
Weight Empty: 500 lbs / 227 kg
Seating: 5 (1 Lounge)
32 Stainless Steel Jets
Headrests
One High Flow Pump
LED Perimeter Lighting
LED Waterfall
LED Underlight Light
Deluxe Marine Vinyl Hardcover with Childproof Lock and Key
Hookup: 220V only

Hot Tub Forum

is it big enough
« on: July 01, 2014, 09:42:27 pm »

Chartreux

Re: is it big enough
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:04:20 pm »
Depends on how tall you are, and how you fit in it. My husband is 6ft2 inches tall and he likes one of the seats in the Sundance Dover model.
Best thing you can do is try a dry tests to see how the feel to you and then do the wet test. Measurements can be deceptive and it depends on what you like as well...

Others will come by with more info for you to consider, they are of great help on here...

hefsspa

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:44:02 pm »
]Thanks Chartreux for responding to my very vague question. I'm 5'11" and the only users of the tub will be my wife and myself. About 80% of the time it will be me in the tub because I'm buying it for my back and leg issues. I've undergone 6 major back surgeries in the last 3 years. The first surgery went terribly wrong when the Neuro crushed my spinal canal nerves with screws for the hardware so I'm left with a lot of nerve pain in my legs. I think the tub should be fine as it will be delivered in the morning around 9:30. I tried to post an image but no luck.

Isaac-1

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 12:37:01 am »
Something seems wrong there, a 220 gallon tub is typically a 2-3 person tub, meaning 1-2 people in the real world.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 12:40:19 am »
Well hey ya got stainless steel jets..    Yeah that's gonna be a bit to small..

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 12:57:24 pm »
Since you already made the purchase, it'll have to fit you. Fingers crossed it fits you good. keep us posted on that. Hope you can get the benefits you need from a spa.
So, very sorry what you had to go through with the back surgeries and all, it's not easy going through fusion surgery.
 I have numerous back problems and declined neck surgery with all the bells and whistle of hardware this past May, one of the reasons I declined is I have rheumatoid arthritis which will deteriorate the bones further possibly making a fusion unstable, A recent bone scan showed the arthritic changes.   
If you need support for your chronic pain issues then try www.healingwell.com the chronic pain forum is good, very helpful and very supportive.
Keep us posted on how this spa works out for you. 

hefsspa

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 05:33:37 am »
Well the tub was delivered and is working fine. As you can see my daughter and the grandkids love the hot tub. the seller told me he thought it held more water than stated, maybe 300 gallons. I will calculate it out later. I want to thank everyone for the help and friendliness. ken ,can someone please explain to me how to post a pic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 05:33:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42