What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter Help  (Read 1585 times)

tr4driver

Filter Help
« on: July 03, 2014, 09:07:19 am »
Greetings,

I own a Fort Wayne Pools spa that was made in 1995, and I'm trying to track down the correct filter for the spa.  Unfortunately, I do not have an original filter and when I contacted Fort Wayne Pools, them simply told me that they no longer manufacture that spa and can't help me.  I do have the owners manual; however, the only comment it makes about the correct filter type is to contact the manufacturer.

The filter goes in a cylindrical cavity under the strainer basket in the corner of the spa.  The opening is about 6" in diameter and 10" to 11" deep.  The vertical intake pipe is at the bottom and sticks up about 1.5" or so.  It's un-threaded, and I would guess the correct filter should have a bottom hole that matches the O.D. and fits snugly on it.

Based on my initial measurements, I purchased a filter with a diameter of 4-15/16", a length of 9-13/16", a bottom hole diameter of 2-1/8" diameter and a closed top.  The filter fits, but the bottom hole is obviously too big for the intake, and does not fit snugly.  In fact, the filter just floats up off the intake when the pump isn't running.

I've found another filter that that looks promising.  A UNICEL C-4324.  It's 4-5/8" in diameter with a length of 9-3/4" and a bottom hole diameter of 1-9/10".  It also has a closed top.

Does this seem reasonable?  I assume the correct filter for my system will need to have a closed top since there isn't anything that fits down directly over the top of it (the strainer basket does lock down over it, but would not make contact with the filter unless it was over 11" long.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Kurt

Hot Tub Forum

Filter Help
« on: July 03, 2014, 09:07:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42