What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time, and tall, buyer - general advice on dealer distance, and the HSEnvoy  (Read 2732 times)

JimB

Hi, I will be a first time hot tub buyer.  I've read many tips and discussions here which have been helpful.  We are in a rural area, and nearest dealers are 1hr away.  Experience with Artesian/Sundance dealer was not great - no wet test, bugs/dust in bottoms, not very helpful.  A Caldera dealer did not return 3 emails/calls.  I realize that a less-than-stellar dealer does not reflect on the brands themselves, which I really wanted to consider based on discussions here.  The one visit that was productive, attentive and informative sold Hot Springs, and the Envoy seemed the best for us - family of four, and I'm 6'4"+, so the 38" depth and the lounge length were nice.  One question - any tall (6'5" neighborhood) have other tubs to consider?  I'm a teacher and so the Envoy price (quoted ~$9200) is a bit hard to swallow, but I know that like a car it's a long term investment.  One lesson I've garnered from the Forum is that the dealer is a critical piece of this puzzle in enjoying and maintaining your investment.  So, second question - should I widen my field of dealers to a 2hr radius to include alternate Artesian/Sundance/Caldera/other dealers, and do you think that distance starts to cause problems when you need service?  I'm pretty satisfied with the Envoy, but it's more a bit more than I was hoping to spend.  I'd been open relevant advice people have on this as well!  Thanks, Jim

Hot Tub Forum

Lionheart_CHP

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to let negotiation make the sale.  Here's my recommendation:

I would certainly consider expanding your radius and make plans to wet test the Artesian/Sundance/Caldera.  Know their offerings and know them well.  Be able to talk pros and cons between them and the Hot Springs.  But if you're happy with the Hot Springs, plan a wet test there first.  After your wet test, and if it meets your expectations, tell the Hot Springs dealer "Give me reason to NOT go to Artesian/Sundance/Caldera".  Make sure he knows that your plans are to go there next.  Basically, "Make me an offer I can't refuse" and be ready to place a deposit on the spot - even if it's only $100 to lock in the price.

That's pretty much exactly what I did and got the price I was looking for.

Good luck!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
That is a great price for an Envoy.  Was it a 2014 or 2013?  What comes with it?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chartreux

Maybe try a Marquis dealer if there is one in your area, might fit your budget better, but key is is to negotiate, this is so very hard to do but it can be done. Also, look for 4th of July sales...

aeajr

We put in a Marquis Spirit last May.  I am 6'2 and "large" and I find it very comfortable for 2-3 people.  You can do 4 but it gets "cozy".

I enclosed it in a greenhouse so we could use it all year round.   Has worked out very nicely through one of the worst winters in NY.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42