What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Question  (Read 9941 times)

cocoabeach

Hot Springs Question
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:18:05 pm »
So my wife and I have been looking at the Hot Springs line, we were able to get it between the Lime Light Pulse and the High Life Vangaurd. My wife is 5'0 even and we went in tonight and wet tested the Vangaurd but she had a real bad issue with floating up and due to there being no dome in the middle, she had no way to use her feet to hold herself in place, We love the Vangaurd to help her back but the floating issue would make it to hard to have her relax in.

so my question is to anyone why is around the same height who has the Lime Light Pulse model, does the dome in the middle help with eliminating the floating issue? We even tried the booster pillow while wet testing tonight but it didn't help. and they did not have the Pulse model filled for us to wet test.

Also has anyone tried the aqua weight belts?

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:38:22 pm by cocoabeach »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Question
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:18:05 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Hot Springs Question
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 06:17:16 pm »
Do they have a Rhythm?  Similar foot dome and open seating.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

cocoabeach

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 07:46:46 pm »
Not that I saw, but I'm sure they could get it, seems that's more the entry level though with only 35 jets, the pulse seems to have a bigger dome to which might be better?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:50:54 pm by cocoabeach »

Chartreux

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 10:20:54 pm »
My husband and I, did a  wet test on the Hot Springs Aria today and I'm 5'6" about 132lbs and I had some huge float issues as well...I even had the jets on low for the pulsing jet. I'm gonna try and see about a wet tests for Sundance tubs soon and if the floating is still an issue I'll buy a weight belt on www.scuba.com......Try out other tubs in the area to see if this happens to your wife again and if so then she might need a weight belt as well as me...
I'll post my review on this at a  later date... I'm still thinking about it and the pro's and con's...

cocoabeach

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 11:56:13 pm »
We are still leaning towards the Vangaurd with hopes a weight belt will solve the issue. I ordered the kind that you have to fill with your own weight material, is that the kind that your getting? Or are you getting one that is already pre weighted?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:58:28 pm by cocoabeach »

cocoabeach

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 02:08:40 pm »
We just bought a 5 pocket weight belt and some weight to put in it, and we are wet testing again tomorrow night, fingers crossed this will work

Chartreux

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 02:25:35 pm »
Actually, I was thinking ankle weights and would put one on my ankle and one on my thigh to see, as my feet floated up the most. Plus the ankle weights are 1 to 3 pounds so lighter than the weight belt weights, so I'll start off low and work it up to see what weights work the best. But only after my Sundance wet tests as not all spas will have the same amount of floating, a lot depends on the jets and how low of high they are as well...
Good luck on your next wet tests... Also, think carefully about the Hot Springs as not all the seats have a pillow rests which I found very uncomfortable, I have a good deal of neck problems and the neck pillows are a plus for me, that's another reason we really want to try a sundance is because of the pillows, again this is person preference...and the salt water system has to be added on the Hot Springs so extra monies on that...
So make sure you ask all your questions as well...

cocoabeach

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 06:43:03 pm »
The weight belt worked and we ordered our High Life Vangaurd last night, we should have in about 4 weeks

Chartreux

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 07:39:32 pm »
Glad that worked out for you...good to know that about the weight belt...Post  how it's working out for you once you get your spa and enjoy!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 09:25:02 pm »
The weight belt worked and we ordered our High Life Vangaurd last night, we should have in about 4 weeks

Honestly in 15 years have never heard of someone doing this.  Not the weight belt thing, but using a weight belt for a wet test of a spa.   Most people buy a spa to fit them and one that they don't float in, but good for you stepping of the box.

That being said you should have tried some other spas with the "weight belt" and see how they compared.  Or not, I am sure you will be happy.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 01:41:31 pm »

Honestly in 15 years have never heard of someone doing this.  Not the weight belt thing, but using a weight belt for a wet test of a spa.   Most people buy a spa to fit them and one that they don't float in, but good for you stepping of the box.

That being said you should have tried some other spas with the "weight belt" and see how they compared.  Or not, I am sure you will be happy.

Really? a couple booster seats and a weight belt are must haves during a wet test imo...I always have them ready to go, can't even begin to imagine how many potential deals could have been lost if I didn't have those 2 (very simple, very cheap) items on hand

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 05:36:16 pm »

I'm with Jim there.  Never seen seen this before.  Maybe I will invest in one

Really? a couple booster seats and a weight belt are must haves during a wet test imo...I always have them ready to go, can't even begin to imagine how many potential deals could have been lost if I didn't have those 2 (very simple, very cheap) items on hand

Chartreux

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »
The Jacuzzi dealer here has the booster seats for the spas...I went and looked there at the few Jacuzzi spas they had.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 11:56:39 am »
The Jacuzzi dealer here has the booster seats for the spas...I went and looked there at the few Jacuzzi spas they had.

I'd expect everyone to have booster seats available for wet tests but maybe that's because my wife is vertically challenged. An available weight belt isn't a bad idea either.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 11:56:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42