What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: CAN NOT ADJUST TEMPERATURE  (Read 5773 times)

LEATHERNECK

CAN NOT ADJUST TEMPERATURE
« on: June 18, 2014, 04:56:11 pm »
Hello, I purchased a used cal spa 2005 v600-30 *** serial# 05S-04071 *** When i went to buy the tub everything worked fine. I say the guy adjust the temperature and cycle the pumps. He drained it and i had it picked up and dropped at my house. After getting it all set up and filled, it was cold out, the water temp was 68 so the pump and heater came on automatically and started to heat the tub. the next day it was at 100 degrees (default temp i guess) and i cannot adjust the temp. the other button (light and pump) works fine. It keeps the tub at 100 and everything works well. i ordered an new topside controller and after hooking it up, it has the exact same problem so im thinking maybe there is a sensor or the like that is stuck or not working. i checked all the contacts and wires to make sure nothing got unplugged or cut or chewed and found nothing that looked like it could be a problem.
Any help would be appreciated.......

Hot Tub Forum

CAN NOT ADJUST TEMPERATURE
« on: June 18, 2014, 04:56:11 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: CAN NOT ADJUST TEMPERATURE
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 06:10:07 pm »
From a 2004 Cal Spa V series manual: http://calspas.com/downloads/manuals/2004/2004_Spa_Manual.pdf  If you've done what they are suggesting then I guess it's possible that all this is controlled by the main control inside the tub and the display is just a display.

Temperature Adjustment (Range 80°F to 104°F)
The display screen will always display the actual water temperature.

Example: The actual water temperature is 100°F, the topside display will read 100.

To display the set temperature, simply depress the Temp pad and the temperature setting will flash on and off on the display panel. While
the display is flashing, each time you depress the Temp pad the set temperature will increase one degree. Allow the display to revert back
to the actual water temperature, then depressing the Temp pad again, allows you to decrease the set temperature by one degree with each
press of the Temp pad.

Standard Heating Mode

Your new spa is equipped with a “Standard Heating Mode” feature that gives you complete control of the heating system.
When the spa is powered up, the heating system will automatically activate. Whenever the water temperature drops more than one degree
below the set temperature, the heating system will automatically activate and continue to operate until the spa has regained the temperature
loss.

LEATHERNECK

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 06:23:10 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion but Yes i have tried what the manual suggests. Its like the button just doesnt do anything. You can feel it push like the light/pump button but it will not make the temp light start flashing to adjust it.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:04:11 pm »
I think the "brains" of the spa is the control inside the spa - typically it is the box with all the wires going to it. I would open up the spa skirt and locate it (it is directly under my controller), turn the power off and maybe see if you can find the wires going from the controller on the top to the control box. Maybe a wire became dislodged when it was moved or something else that is simple. I would certainly unplug every connector, inspect the connector and plug-in area and try that.

Are you sure you plugged the topside in correctly? I only ask because I repair stuff for a living and every so often when there is a connector without a plastic frame around it I may plug the connector back in and be off by 1 pin. It sounds like it is plugged in correctly as the pumps are working but you never know.

Sorry, I'm not a spa tech so my troubleshooting skills on this are close to zero!

LEATHERNECK

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 10:25:49 am »
Thanks, but I have already been through the box to check for loose or broke wires and the plug end for the topside is similar to a phone jack so it only plugs in one way.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 11:07:32 am »
Sorry, I'm not being any help!

The only other thing I can think of is maybe you have to press the temp button down for a longer period and then it goes into the mode. I can change the filter timing in my tub by holding down a certain button for over 6 seconds and it goes into that mode.

Hopefully someone else with better ideas will come along.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 11:07:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42