What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Too many Spiders getting near Jacuzzi  (Read 9059 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Too many Spiders getting near Jacuzzi
« on: June 26, 2004, 09:00:21 pm »
Too many spiders getting near my Spa,So i am spraying all around the spa.The garden guy said he would not want to live near me with me buying all the Chems that i am putting around the spa.....I just keep spraying Bug Killier every few days...........I just see a few dead Spiders near my spa so i see that nothing is going to make a home in my spa.......... :oJohnny Thunders

Hot Tub Forum

Too many Spiders getting near Jacuzzi
« on: June 26, 2004, 09:00:21 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Too many Spiders getting near Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 10:03:46 pm »
I'd prefer to leave the spiders be and let them take care of the insects I really don't want around me.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 10:46:13 pm »
First i had a problem with the Ants seeing them running around freaked me out a bit so i bought Ant killer and then seen Spiders started to take over not just one but a few.Just want to make sure i have noooo bugs taking over my spa.Just want to make sure nothing is living in my spa....Johnny Thunders

saz

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 01:36:12 pm »
I'm sorry, but I CANNOT stand spiders. Yes, I know they are more scared of me than I am of them (which I very much doubt) Yes, I know they won't harm me (Again I doubt it, cos I'm convinced they see me and chase me!). Jonnythunders.....if you're worred about the chemical aspect, why dont you try putting those sticky patch things down? This way, you'll take care of the ants AND the spiders at the same time, allwithout the need for chemicals ;D

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 04:49:36 pm »
In past posts people on this site said bugs and mice love making homes inside their spas.My friend told me he opened his spa once years ago and there was Millions of ants in there making homes.Just don't want the same thing to happen to me.I spent so much and i am not having mice or bugs making a home in my spa.Johnny Thunders :o

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 05:11:09 pm »
keep up the fight. I'm putting my money on the critters.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 11:18:30 pm »
If there is no food in there, why would ants make it a home?  I can see them venturing in to take look, but staying and colonizing?  Nah.  

Spiders, I too am very frightened of spiders.  Just tonight we finished all of our prep and went out at 10pm to check out our lighting and sit and reflect upon the site marked out on the deck with masking tape.  There were so many critters and buggy things making noise it gave me chills. It was like being in some rainforest, not a subdivision in  Raleigh NC.  

At Lowes today, I was browsing all the mice/snake/bug killing goops and traps.  I wanted some of each!  DH said "Not today, hey...go look at the plants, I think I saw a new shipment of cacti..."  Yeah, he thinks he convinced me we dont need any of that stuff, but I will get back there for some bug and mice traps and Snakeaway stuff before the tub comes.  

If lizards love the saucers under my clay flower pots, why the heck wouldnt they think my spa is the Four Seasons????  I'm really worried about this.  

saz

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 07:16:12 am »
I have to say that while you guys get a MUCH better deal on prices and stuff than  we do, at least we dont have to contend with lizards and snakes!!!!!!   CalicoskiesNC - how big are the lizards you're talking about? Perhaps you could glue a bit of fur on them (I use the 'you' term, in the sense that you could supervise while someone else does it!) and you could convince yourself that they're just small dogs ar cats or something!!!lol (before anyone starts on about animal rights too, I AM only joking!!)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 07:26:29 am by saz »

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 07:59:00 am »
Saz, they are not big, they are little black ones or shiny ones with stripes about 3-4inches long.  I know they eat bugs so thats why I'm happy to have them living near my flowers.  My husband has told me he will put some stuff in the spa cabinet and under the deck.  We have to be careful what we put out since we are getting a new puppy in this fall.  The bug situation eases up alot here in the cooler temps.  I bought some citronella oil torches to light while we are out, that might help.  I make myself leave the spiders be though.

saz

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 08:38:00 am »
I'm sure you'll be able to get some 'animal friendly, but not to bugs' killer stuff, but even so, I would be careful about what you put down......puppies get into EVERYTHING dont they!!!  what breed are you getting? But to keep this post on track as well....those lizards dont sound too bad, when you're talking spiders, how many are you talkign about , and how big?  I'm talking about 2 or 3 max, but they're great big hairy things!!! (well, they are to me anyway!!lol)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 12:54:38 pm »
Wow, spiders are getting a bad rap here.  I'm with spatech t.u.o.  Spiders are the lions and tigers of the insect world.  They eat all the other insects.

saz

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 03:39:17 pm »
Tony, I agree with you, but you've obviously never been chased by one ;) . They come looking for us girlies and hunt us down :o :o

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 04:42:04 pm »
Except for those black widows.  They devour their mates.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 04:42:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42