What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Simple answer - Lounge or no lounge??  (Read 9865 times)

daisybz111

Simple answer - Lounge or no lounge??
« on: June 17, 2014, 02:45:26 pm »
Lounge or no lounge???

Hot Tub Forum

Simple answer - Lounge or no lounge??
« on: June 17, 2014, 02:45:26 pm »

Budule

Re: Simple answer - Lounge or no lounge??
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 04:45:32 pm »
Im going through the same thing , my wife wants it but I want the foot dome .....its either or with a Jacuzzi.....

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 04:58:08 pm »
If you've tried a tub with a lounger and liked it then get one. It may take the place of a couple of seats but its there when you want to use it. My tub has a quasi lounger and I use it but very infrequently. But it is there for the times I want to use it.

Looks like the J480 Jacuzzi has both a lounger and foot dome ... Win/win!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 05:01:43 pm »
Lounge or no lounge???

The standard answer is get a lounge spa if you wet test and it works for you and you don't mind the space it takes up.

Don't get a lounge if the wet test shows the lounge doesn't work for you or the lounge takes up too much space for the number of people you expect to use it or if you skip the wet test in the first place.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Budule

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 05:04:06 pm »
If you've tried a tub with a lounger and liked it then get one. It may take the place of a couple of seats but its there when you want to use it. My tub has a quasi lounger and I use it but very infrequently. But it is there for the times I want to use it.

Looks like the J480 Jacuzzi has both a lounger and foot dome ... Win/win!

I cant go to the 400 series .....pushing it at the 300's.......

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:51:16 pm »
I agree with the others in trying it out for a wet tests to see if you like the lounge...
I don't like being seated so I'm going for the models with lounge, Sundance Capri and maybe the Hot springs NXT Jet Setter.
These are the smaller tub models...Sign up on Sundances website and Hot Springs Website for deals...Sundance has something called a truckload sale event and you can sign up for that.

Budule

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:36:20 pm »
my wife kinda summed up the whole "but a lounger takes up too much room and you cant get other people in there " argument (which I tried to use cause I don't really want one ) ......her exact words were   "screw other people , im getting this for ME! I don't care if anybody else gets in or not! "..........well , allrighty then......we're getting one I guess.....

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 10:20:46 pm »
Try it, you'll like it!  You can always switch to another seat if you want to.  I'm happy I have them in my tub.

Topline Mike

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 12:43:36 am »
Yes.  You want options when you get in.  I have 3 main seats with jets and one lounger in my tub.  I hit all seats but one and the lounger every time I soak.  The one seat flabbers my love handles around, and I don't need the reminder that they're there. 

I think the lounger areas in tubs are built for the average joe.  I'm just under 5'10", and the lounger in my Jacuzzi J375 fits me to a tee.  Now if you're 5'4", like my wife, you don't fit well in there, or 6'4" like my buddy. 

I like the fact that a lounger will break up the seating configuration.  I found that I needed a foot stop wherever I sat when wet testing.  Having the lounger in a tub "broke up" the layout, and I could sit in most seats without "fighting" to stay in place. 

I thought the Marquis Epic was about as good as it gets for layout.  If I didn't find the jacuzzi I bought, it would have been the epic. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 07:21:09 am »
Lounge or no lounge???

By the subject I thought you had the simple answer.  IMO there isn't one.  For our first tub we had one, it was the least used seat, but on occasions when I was the only one in the tub I would use it.  Then we had a 5 person tub and most of the time it was 2 or 3 people in it and that seat was empty.   When it came to buying a 2nd tub, we ended up without one, but that was because we liked the that tub the best and job a good deal on it.  We went smaller the 2nd time that was part of the factor.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 07:05:33 pm »
Something like 80% of second time buyers that had a lounge first, opt for no lounge the second time. That's what's heard floating around. Never heard of who gathered data or where it's shared. And is there also data supporting that second time buyers who had no lounge, bought a lounge spa the second time? I suppose it depends on your preference. A lounge is an attractive seat and if it fits and feels good with water...................
Retired

Quickbeam

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 08:13:48 pm »
When we were looking for our tub I really wanted a lounge. We were in a unique circumstance in that we had a size and weight restriction on any tub we could get (our tub was going on a roof deck) so it really limited our selection. We narrowed it down to either the Jacuzzi J-335 (with a lounge) or the Jacuzzi J-345 (without a lounge). We wet tested and sure enough both my wife and I floated out of the lounge in the J-335. We also just found the J-345 to be a more comfortable tub. So we went with the J-345 and we really do like the tub. Something I didn’t think I’d like were the foot jets, and now I’m really glad we have them. I do find myself still stretching out in our tub, so I can still do that without the lounge. And with the same size tub, without the lounge, you get a little more variety in seats and the jets in those seats. All that being said, if I could have had a bigger tub, I probably would have gone with a lounge

I thought one salesman I spoke to had a unique way to figure it out. He asked if I liked lazy boy recliner chairs. When I said yes, he said then you probably want a lounge in your hot tub.

Chartreux

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 09:30:09 pm »
Both my husband and I, like our Lazy-z-boy reclainers...and we're going for a lounge...I need the pressure off my back. Interesting, very interesting!

Budule

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 09:36:19 pm »
When we were looking for our tub I really wanted a lounge. We were in a unique circumstance in that we had a size and weight restriction on any tub we could get (our tub was going on a roof deck) so it really limited our selection. We narrowed it down to either the Jacuzzi J-335 (with a lounge) or the Jacuzzi J-345 (without a lounge). We wet tested and sure enough both my wife and I floated out of the lounge in the J-335. We also just found the J-345 to be a more comfortable tub. So we went with the J-345 and we really do like the tub. Something I didn’t think I’d like were the foot jets, and now I’m really glad we have them. I do find myself still stretching out in our tub, so I can still do that without the lounge. And with the same size tub, without the lounge, you get a little more variety in seats and the jets in those seats. All that being said, if I could have had a bigger tub, I probably would have gone with a lounge

I thought one salesman I spoke to had a unique way to figure it out. He asked if I liked lazy boy recliner chairs. When I said yes, he said then you probably want a lounge in your hot tub.

Hated the lounger on the 335 as it just "ends" down there where you feet are  ,  the 355 looks like a much better lounger to me as you can "lock in " ......our tub many years ago (haven't had a tub in about 10 years) had a lounger and the wife like it , but she mostly didn't even have the jets on , just laid back I guess......id rather not have it .....but if it gets me a hot tub , ill take it......

Quickbeam

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 02:27:18 am »
Agree with you on the 355. I think if I hadn't had the size and weight restrictions that's the tub I would have liked. Like I said earlier, I think in a bigger tub I would want a lounge, but with the smaller tubs I think I like the variety in seats and jets and the extra seating capacity you get without the lounge.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 02:27:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42