What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Will dealers deal?  (Read 3691 times)

daisybz111

Will dealers deal?
« on: June 17, 2014, 11:31:10 am »
I see on here many people talk about the dealer offering them a special price or value…so far in our looking and testing of various Sundance spas, they have just quoted us a price and we have not tried to "work out" a better deal.     Once we decide on the one we want, is it like a car…do most go down in price to get your business??     We are still debating between Altamar, Optima, or Certa.     I wet tested the Cameo and it was just too big.   I definitely floated up in the lounger, but my feet didn't come near to touching the end of the lounger.   In the Altamar they do…but of course, they don't have water in it.     I love the idea of a lounger, but don't want to make the mistake of getting one and never using it because of the floating issue.

Hot Tub Forum

Will dealers deal?
« on: June 17, 2014, 11:31:10 am »

rosewoodsteel

Re: Will dealers deal?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 12:50:46 pm »
Everyone, of course, is different, but I love my lounger.  And, when I want something else, I just move.  Keep looking, I'm sure you will find a.lounger that suits you.

Scuttler

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 12:57:59 pm »
Firstly, I'd ask them to let you wet test it otherwise it's like buying a car without going for a test drive - generally you just wouldn't.

Then, again like a car, do your homework on the prices. It's easier to negotiate if you know that you can buy the same product cheaper elsewhere. If you have more than one local dealer selling the same tub brand then you're in an even better position because they're not just competing to sell you the tub but also the chemicals, follow up services and any accesories.

Finally, if you can't get the dealer to budge on price of the spa, see whether they'll include additional accessories, chemicals or services to sweeten the deal.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 12:59:55 pm »
Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate......and ask for a discount on any accessories you might want!!!!!!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 01:25:20 pm »
Hi Mud! How have you been doing?

silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 02:00:18 pm »
Why not try to to get the negotiate your best price? It saved me a few hundred $$$

Chartreux

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 02:49:06 pm »
We also thought the cameo was to big, just on the dry tests. We'll also be wet testing the Altamar soon and I might see if they can bring in a Capri...
Both are in the 880 group. Ask about the Capri if the Altamar is still to big for you.
and negotiate like the others on here said...
Good Luck to you.

Quickbeam

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 03:57:53 pm »
Yes, definitely negotiate. I think as well that most dealers will include things like the cover, steps, start up chemicals and maybe a spa blanket for free. If it were me, I’d also ask for a second set of filters and a cover lifter to be thrown in. I believe as well that most dealers will offer free delivery. Get the best price you can, and then get them to throw in as much as you can.

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 05:56:53 pm »
They certainly will, but don't show your cards and let them know you've made up your mind.  10% plus cover lifter, steps, and chems should be a reasonable and accessible target.  15%-20% is possible depending on location, competition, etcetera.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 07:30:22 pm »
It helps to have another dealer and brand in the mix.
Retired

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »
It depends on the dealer and where/how they price their spas. Some price them with room to move, others don't
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

daisybz111

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 12:19:45 am »
Thank you everyone!  Great advice and tips!  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 12:19:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42