What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs insulation or Jacuzzi ?  (Read 4383 times)

Budule

Hot Springs insulation or Jacuzzi ?
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:04:04 pm »
Well shes down to either or and im just looking at what IM getting into AFTER warranty (2 or 5 years down the road ) .....the Jacuzzi guy HATES Hotsprings because of the insulation (of course he would but I do see his point) but the Jacuzzi's are also filled im told but with a "softer " kind .....The Jacuzzi guy also sells Bullfrogs but dosent really have any to look at and dosent really push them for some reason......

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs insulation or Jacuzzi ?
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:04:04 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Springs insulation or Jacuzzi ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 03:08:43 pm »
They both make a very efficient tub

Budule

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 04:16:56 pm »
I don't doubt that , my problem will be trying to work on it and ive read that its a pain if its foam filled.....

mkymitts

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 07:22:57 pm »
if you are already thinking about working on it then maybe Jacuzzi is the way to go since the warranty is 5 years. My advice ( i just bought my first tub a few months ago) would be ENJOY IT!!! and worry about working on later.  Sorry it might be just me i am buying this thing to relax not have a worry. Just my $10k worth.  :)

Budule

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 07:42:08 pm »
if you are already thinking about working on it then maybe Jacuzzi is the way to go since the warranty is 5 years. My advice ( i just bought my first tub a few months ago) would be ENJOY IT!!! and worry about working on later.  Sorry it might be just me i am buying this thing to relax not have a worry. Just my $10k worth.  :)

Well this will be my second tub and my first one came with the house and I had to do LOTS of work on it.....thats why my concern , same thing when I buy a truck , I look under the hood to see what im in for.....

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 08:44:33 pm »
Either should be fine. I would imagine ( and might be wrong) that both brands have similar warranties. I looked at the Hotsprings and it has a 5 year no leak warranty. Other components have various terms. Don't let a salesperson sway you on not getting another brand of tub especially if he/she is badmouthing as a way of selling. Yes, there are garbage brands out there but neither of the ones you mentioned are.

Chartreux

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 09:07:52 pm »
Maybe look at some Sundance models, the sundance dealer even took the panel off for me to look into it, the Hot Springs dealer had theirs all locked up and would not remove them for us to look up under them. Go to a seperate Bullfrog dealer and look at those. Sundance is owned by Jacuzzi so same warranty...This is just the experiences we've had and I'm not trying to knock the Hot Springs as I would like to look at the Jet Setter NXT, but they are not at my dealer yet...
Best thing is to go with a dealer you trust and think you can rely on. This is a hard purchase no doubt and do not forget the wet tests...Good luck to you.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 11:40:14 pm »
Budule, my first hot tub was a Coleman.  It was a nice introduction to hot tubs, as it came with our house.  After a while, however, it started leaking.  I was able to fix it the first couple of times, but fhe third leak was just too much for me.  After some research, I decided that an Artic Spa was the right hot tub for me.  My Artic has two access doors on each side and is easy as can be to open and fix anything that is problem, including any leaks.  If easy maintenance is a top concern, then I suggest that you check into them.  I have a few pictures of mine posted on this site.  Good luck with your search.

Budule

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 12:32:50 am »
Budule, my first hot tub was a Coleman.  It was a nice introduction to hot tubs, as it came with our house.  After a while, however, it started leaking.  I was able to fix it the first couple of times, but fhe third leak was just too much for me.  After some research, I decided that an Artic Spa was the right hot tub for me.  My Artic has two access doors on each side and is easy as can be to open and fix anything that is problem, including any leaks.  If easy maintenance is a top concern, then I suggest that you check into them.  I have a few pictures of mine posted on this site.  Good luck with your search.

I did check them online but no dealer near me (few choices here in West Virginia)  , so im down to HotSprings (questionable dealer on service) or Jacuzzi ( this guy is great as he came out years ago and helped me with my old tub that he didn't even sell )......I like the Jacuzzi but the wife likes the HotSprings (more bells and whistles she says )  the foam on the HotSprings looks pretty stiff (and hard to remove ) where as the foam on the Jacuzzi was a lot softer .....not sure what the means or if it would be easier to get out though.....

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 12:48:06 am »
There was no Artic dealer in my area, either. I live in Maryland, near Annapolis.   I bought mine online, from Artic's  factory in Alberta.  They were absolutely tremendous to deal with.   I got a great deal and their service has been great.  -Just saying.   You sound like a DIY selfer.  I felt.so.strongly.about the.product, I felt fine working directly with the manufacturer.  Good luck with your hot tub search!

Budule

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 10:18:51 am »
There was no Artic dealer in my area, either. I live in Maryland, near Annapolis.   I bought mine online, from Artic's  factory in Alberta.  They were absolutely tremendous to deal with.   I got a great deal and their service has been great.  -Just saying.   You sound like a DIY selfer.  I felt.so.strongly.about the.product, I felt fine working directly with the manufacturer.  Good luck with your hot tub search!

Well I guess I could do that with any manufacturer , but,  that would brake the most important before-you-buy-hot-tub-rule......."wet test!!!!".....`at this point im 90% sure its gona be Jacuzzi , I just have to get her up to the 300 series ( 9 ish ) from the 200 series ( 6 ish).......that will be a hard sell as she is pretty tight when it comes to stuff like this .....but I will prevail !!!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 10:54:05 am »
Jucuzzi it is!
I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice.
They are definitely on everybody's list of top spas.

Quickbeam

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »

Well I guess I could do that with any manufacturer , but,  that would brake the most important before-you-buy-hot-tub-rule......."wet test!!!!".....`at this point im 90% sure its gona be Jacuzzi , I just have to get her up to the 300 series ( 9 ish ) from the 200 series ( 6 ish).......that will be a hard sell as she is pretty tight when it comes to stuff like this .....but I will prevail !!!

Please do let us know which tub you end up with. We just recently purchased our first tub (we got a Jacuzzi J-345) and are loving it. I have always wanted a hot tub and never had anywhere to put one. To finally have one is a real treat. Good luck with your decision!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42