What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: QUALITY MANUFACTURERS?  (Read 6049 times)

Jim Zim

QUALITY MANUFACTURERS?
« on: June 13, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »
We left our 12 year old Hot Springs Jet-setter with buyers of our house in Florida. Absolutely loved it. I am doing the research for replacing it after buying (without testing compatibility) a Thermospas Gemini ..... I am too big (shoulders and torso, I'm  6'2"), they require a HUGE payment to return it unused.

After testing many locally (Baltimore and DC areas) I have uncovered 3 manufacturers of interest: 1) Riviera Spas, 2) Premium Leisure LLC and 3) Tropic Seas. I would like any background information on these 3 companies ........ good and bad news.

I have also tried both Hot Springs & Sundance: new Jet-setter and Sundance 2-3 person models ........ unfortunately, I don't fit them well either. I know their background and would be happy, but I don't fit well. Any other quality firms with a sound reputation for quality (and reasonable price) would be appreciated ....... and dealers where I could visit.

Thanks for your assistance. Jim Zimmerman
jimzim54@att.net

Hot Tub Forum

QUALITY MANUFACTURERS?
« on: June 13, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »

Sam

Re: QUALITY MANUFACTURERS?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:48:19 pm »
The 3 brands listed would be considered lower tier by most here.  I have very little experience with them.  If you have had a jetsetter, I fear that you would be downgrading in quality, warranty and therapy pretty significantly.

Jim Zim

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 04:57:16 pm »
Hello Sam ....... you mentioned you're not familiar with these but they would be considered lower tier manufacturers "by most here". Where/who are those "here"? I have noted their warranty provisions and pricing are quite similar to the "higher-end" Sundance & Hot Springs products. Do you know of others who might have knowledge of any of these three? Thanks, this would be very helpful if you can elaborate.

Isaac-1

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 05:53:18 pm »
You say you have tried the new jetsetter, does that include the NEW NEW Jestsetter NXT which came out about a month ago?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 06:04:46 pm »
We left our 12 year old Hot Springs Jet-setter with buyers of our house in Florida. Absolutely loved it. I am doing the research for replacing it after buying (without testing compatibility) a Thermospas Gemini ..... I am too big (shoulders and torso, I'm  6'2"), they require a HUGE payment to return it unused.

After testing many locally (Baltimore and DC areas) I have uncovered 3 manufacturers of interest: 1) Riviera Spas, 2) Premium Leisure LLC and 3) Tropic Seas. I would like any background information on these 3 companies ........ good and bad news.

I have also tried both Hot Springs & Sundance: new Jet-setter and Sundance 2-3 person models ........ unfortunately, I don't fit them well either. I know their background and would be happy, but I don't fit well. Any other quality firms with a sound reputation for quality (and reasonable price) would be appreciated ....... and dealers where I could visit.

Thanks for your assistance. Jim Zimmerman
jimzim54@att.net
[/quote

Riviera I'm not familiar with at all so I will refrain from commenting on them.  Premium Leisure shouldn't be priced anywhere near HOt springs or Sundance.  The quality isn't comparable and that company has a history of doing business the wrong way.  Tropic Seas is made by artesian who is a very reputable manufacturer.  Out of those choices that's the one I would pick assuming it fits you well.  It shouldn't be priced as high as a HS

dunecritter

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 06:35:34 pm »
You say you have tried the new jetsetter, does that include the NEW NEW Jestsetter NXT which came out about a month ago?

The New NXT that Isaac is talking about here is the same layout as the original but much deeper allowing the Taller/Larger individuals fit much better. Just because another company claims to warranty a product for said time does not mean that it is actually probable to get proper warranty service during this said warranty period... There are some companies that boast a big warranty but actually getting them to stand behind it is something completely different. There are examples all over the forums and net about this. Stick with a good name brand that has a long history of backing up their product for the entire duration of that claimed warranty. You had one of the best and enjoyed it the entire 12 years....that says it all.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:29:15 pm »
Check out the marquis spirit also. That is a very good tub and may fit you better then the ones you've tried

Jim Zim

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 03:27:52 pm »
Reply to Isaac: I did not try the NEW NXT Jetsetter, price was beyond my budget. For my size, the basic Jetsetter was pinched in the shoulders and hips, competitive price but too tight a fit. Note DUNECRITTER'S remarks above, may be helpful.

Chartreux

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 09:28:50 pm »
The Hot Springs Jet Setter NXT or Sundance Capri would be worth it if they can fit you. My husband is 6'2 and he fit good on one seat in the Sundance Dover.
If either of these tubs can give me 1 hour worth of painfree time it'd be a blessing for me...I also wish the prices were lower.

Sam

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 02:14:31 pm »
Hello Sam ....... you mentioned you're not familiar with these but they would be considered lower tier manufacturers "by most here". Where/who are those "here"? I have noted their warranty provisions and pricing are quite similar to the "higher-end" Sundance & Hot Springs products. Do you know of others who might have knowledge of any of these three? Thanks, this would be very helpful if you can elaborate.

I said that I have very little experience with them, though not none.  I know that Premium Leisure is definitely a lower tiered manufacturer than Hot Springs and their warranty isn't comparable, nor is their reputation.  Tropic Seas are made by Artesian which has a good reputation.  Riviera Spas I am not very familiar with but their warranty and reputation do not compare with your Hot Spring. 

I'm not saying they are complete garbage, just that they are a step (or more) below what you have experience with.  That doesn't mean that they won't work for your situation.  I will say that none of those brands are ever discussed in anyone's top tier, or even middle tier brands.

I wish you luck in your search!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:16:23 pm by Sam »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 02:14:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42