What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sports and Spas?  (Read 2289 times)

Topline Mike

Sports and Spas?
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:53:10 pm »
I know I could google this question, but I thought I would ask it here anyhow. 

My oldest son is a freshman in high school.  He plays baseball and football.  Football season will be starting in 5 weeks.  Now, would it be wise to come home from a physical practice and jump in 102° water and relax the muscles?  How about after a game?  I've heard of getting in a bath tub full of ice water after a game, so would this be a bad idea to heat up afterwards? 

Hot Tub Forum

Sports and Spas?
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:53:10 pm »

Chartreux

Re: Sports and Spas?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:42:08 am »
I do not think they recommend the ice water anymore to shock your system down after a football game. A lukewarm shower might be the better way to cool off.

If overheating is a concern then ice would be applied to the feet,wrists, head and the back of the neck for heat exhaustion.

A soak in the hot tub after a game probably not a good idea.

Best bet is to ask your sons doctor, or google this info...

clover

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 11:44:06 am »
We were asked to supply 2 hot tubs to the Steelers for the super bowl.  They wanted 1 hot, and they brought ice in to keep the other cold.  We actually had to disconnect the heater to prevent it from coming on in order to keep the water in the 55° - 60° range.

I have been in cold water before and it is not friendly, but to my surprise there were more players in the cold tub than there were using the hot tub.

Cold shuts they circulation system down reducing blood flow and inflammation caused by physical impact.  Lack of blood flow reduces the bruising and sore muscles resulting from practice.

Heat encourages blood flow washing lactic acid out of the circulation systems.  This is great for relaxation and reducing pain, but that is after the pain develops.

We also provide a hot tub for the Red Wings who have used it constantly for the last 12 years.  Right next to it is a stainless steel tank they use for cold water therapy.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Chartreux

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 02:07:07 pm »
I understand ice water for injuries as it does stop the inflammation process, so in a sense that is good.

Best you ask your doctor.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 02:07:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42