What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J375 Cool Flo after replacing flo switch again still wont work  (Read 3631 times)

pologuymanager

This is so frustrating after replacing the flo switch a second time still not working!! Should the little sensor inside the flo switch be closing when its turned on? If so it must something inside the board:( No heat but circulation pump is on and running and I know I was told that if flo is on it wont turn on!!
Its looking like time for an expensive visit from a tech!!
Please rescue me before I do this!!
Thank you,
Jerry in Elmhurst IL

Hot Tub Forum

clover

Re: J375 Cool Flo after replacing flo switch again still wont work
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 12:40:04 pm »
It is more important to correct the problem than to treat the symptom.  The flow message is the symptom that tells you inadequate water is flowing through the plumbing and it takes the heater out of operation to prevent damage.

What restricts the flow of water could be one of the following:
the ability of the pump to draw water through the filter (eliminate the filter question by removing it when you have the flow message,

check voltage to the motor, is it operating and moving water, and there is no air lock in the pump?

confirm other functions work (i.e. P2, blower, etc.) but flow mesg remains continues to alternate (flashing on - off to other messages of time or temp), or no other functions work.

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

pologuymanager

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:12:33 pm »
Thank you for your input but im still confused.
Circulation pump seems to pumping because its running and all the jets work just doesnt seem like flow switch is got water running through it .Does the flappy element move when its turned on because nothings changed with or without the pumps running so I am thinking the power to switch isnt working?
I thought I remember the gray element moving towards the magnet looking thing inside the switch.
Also filters are brand new and water is sucking hard through the one filter so not thinking its clogged.
If their is a air lock of some sort how do i correct that?

Sorry but i am usually pretty good at figuring this tub out but now im stumped!!!:(

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 05:51:04 am »
Is the switch in backward? Flow pushing the switch into the off position instead of on position?

pologuymanager

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 09:16:28 am »
Good Morning Vinny,
No switch is correctly !
The switch from what I know is open when not touching the magnetic force correct? The arrows point in direction of flow and this is the second switch now but still flo reading on display.

clover

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 12:20:01 pm »
Good thought Vinny, I missed that. 

Pologuy, let's call the flow switch a "sail switch".  The thin metal part has a rubber tip that is pushed toward and in contact with the center post of the switch making a magnetic connection recognized by the circuit board.

Rookie mistakes to look for, the metal pins going into the loom have a fish hook that holds them in.  If they are flat, they can be pushed back and not make contact with the circuit board pins.  However, this would give you a "solid" flow and no other function would work.  Not likely your problem.

If that sail switch is not closing, THAT is your problem.  That leads back to the movement of water.  It is very unlikely, but possible, that you could have an internal blockage in the closed plumbing system.

There is no power to the switch; it is only a switch that closes the circuit that allows the heater to energize.

If you circ pump is hot from running or operating and you do not see water closing the sail switch the circ pump either has debris in the impeller which is driven by a magnetic field and unable to work properly, or the circ pump is not functioning properly and should be replaced.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

pologuymanager

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 06:46:09 pm »
Hello and thanks for everyones great help.
I have narrowed my issue down to the circulation pump.
The flow has no water running through it and the circulation ump does not run when all the jets are off so with the tub at a cool 74 degrees and no heat this is my determination.
Any thoughts before replacing this pump a second time in two years?
I believe the circulation pumps always runs correct?
No heat will turn on because the flow switch has no flow.
Thanks

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 07:05:53 pm »
 My only advice would be to check the voltage going to the circ pump..   Or you can actually take the 1 or 2 wires black and white off the circuit board and touch them to the 2 110v legs coming in one wire on each leg.   If the pump runs it's not the pump.

pologuymanager

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 11:55:13 am »
Thanks I will do that because the pump is not very old:(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 11:55:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42