What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Floating in the hot tubs  (Read 14924 times)

MarKee

Re: Floating in the hot tubs
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 07:00:27 pm »
I would try out the Marquis Epic.  Very hard to float in that spa, and it's a really nice tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 07:00:27 pm »

Chartreux

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 10:52:21 am »
I'm surprised that Hot Springs wouldn't fill a tub for you to try it, wow...maybe Try looking at a Sundance dealer. Of all the dealers so far Sundance has been the best one working with me, I really like the Capri......Maybe Try Marquis...

sksmoker

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 01:02:40 pm »
Unfortunately we don't have a Marquis or Sundance dealer.  We were also surprised that our HS dealer would not fill another tub. We have made no bones about it, that we have cash on hand and are ready to buy a tub that fits. They are the biggest dealer where we live so they must just not need to do other tub demo's. Not sure how you buy a tub without wet testing, but I guess lots of people do it!

dunecritter

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 02:20:20 pm »
I will say for those that are shopping for a hot tub and are researching a new tub to go as far as join this forum are really the only individuals that will wet test.. (For the most part any ways) For those that want to know what exactly is the best tub to fit their needs and family size like those of you that are on this forum are doing it the right and best way.. But I gotta say that only 3-5% of our customers actually wet test. So to say that A particular dealer with a particular brand that wont fill a showroom tub for a simple wet test like they don't need the business is most likely not the case...It takes a pretty big effort on the dealers part to supply the power, hook it up, fill, heat the day before, Treat with chemicals, drain and clean, replace the filters with new ($$ an expense to the dealer) and unhook power supply etc... This without any commitment to the purchase is tough for any dealer to supply...We have 5 tubs ready for wet test in all three retail store that we have and they very rarely get used for wet tests. If you have narrowed it down to a tub that you want and they don't have one filled I would recommend that you put a deposit down contingent on the wet test of that model and see how they respond...Every dealer is independent and cannot reflect on other dealers of the same product or even other brands. I sell tubs every day and very few ask for a wet test. We spend a lot of money to keep 15 tubs wet test ready and honestly...I wont fill another floor model for a non committed wet test without a deposit.

Chartreux

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 04:21:10 pm »
I agree with you Dunecritter, and totally understand the deposit. So far only Sundance has been wanting to work with me, I had the same problems sksmoker has had with hot springs, in that they didn't even bother to ask if we'd put down a deposit and neither did Bullfrog, so I totally understand his frustrations. So in the end Sundance will be getting my purchase.

For me this is just to big a purchase, to not wet tests...

sksmoker might be worth a trip out of your area to find another  dealer if your able to do so.

sksmoker

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 06:44:35 pm »
Very good info Dune. I completely understand and would be willing to put a deposit down in a heartbeat if it was an option with the one dealer. One dealer pumped the water out of one tub to another one for us. We didn't ask, but they offered.. I would love to be able to go somewhere else, but we live in a bit of a smaller city, and another city is a few hundred miles away of any significance..

A bit off topic, but I am curious to how people buy tubs? Do they come in and look at the colors and pull out a check? Do they usually sit in them at least?

dunecritter

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 12:24:16 am »
sksmoker...Most people come in shopping three things mostly:   1)Price  2)size/seating arrangement.  3)Quality.... Once they have found a tub that they visually like and the seating matches the requirements...maybe 40% will hop in dry and sit in it but mostly they purchase from out side the tub without ever even hopping in...I invite them in and a lot of times they might feel "silly" or "Awkward" but usually pass on even sitting in them dry. Funny thing...I've never had anyone come back in and say that tub feels awkward or I don't like it?? But if they are never getting in my tubs...they most likely are not getting in any other tubs to compare either.

sksmoker

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 12:42:55 am »
Very interesting insight dunecritter.

mrpenguin

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 07:57:26 pm »
I float at times.   It could be the suit at times.   Some of the suits I wear fill with air and push me out a bit easier from the seat.  Having the foot dome helps keep me in place too.   Also, I don't float really at all when there is no suit in the way.  Sorta tough to test that way at the showroom!  My wife has no problem, but I seem to not stay back at times.  Who knows why, but if not for the foot dome, we'd not have a tub.  Sorta compromise for the wife.  At least I'm not fighting all the time to stay in the seat.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 08:56:40 am »
Hey everyone. We are going to wet test a bullfrog A8L on tuesday. It has no salt in the tub. We are also going to go back to the Arctic dealer later on to test another tundra with no salt water, just straight up chlorine. 

We were at the arctic dealer in the Summit XL that they transferred bromine-salt water from a swim spa. Completely different experience. I barely floated and my wife didn't float much at all. The summit unfortunately wasn't for us as the wife just couldn't get comfortable in the summit in any chair. I  on the other hand, was very comfy :) We were amazed at the difference right away when we sat in the chairs. We could actually sit in the seats and evaluate the tub!

We were then able to jump into an Arctic swim spa with a salt system in it and there I floated, just like I did before in the other tundra that we tested. Not as bad as the grandee.. something is wrong with that water for sure.

So something is definitely up for us with any added salt. We are going to confirm our results on Tuesday with a no salt water tub in the bullfrog. Stay tuned..

Sksmoker,

When I first started researching tubs, I recall a number of posts relating to lounge seats and floating.  I was looking for a spa that had both loungers and standard seating.  I figured, since my wife and I would be the main users, that I could just switch to a regular seat if I had problems.  Low and behold, I decided on a spa with two loungers.   A shorter one for my wife, and a longer one for me.   I couldn't be happier.  My spa has an ozone generator and I am using bromine as a sanitizer. We decided against Artic's salt water system for a number of reasons.  I've had no issues with floating, even in the loungers.    I suggest that you keep on looking.  You will find a hot tub that meets your needs.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 08:56:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42