What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Non Bromine-non chlorine cleaner  (Read 1551 times)

Lacey

Non Bromine-non chlorine cleaner
« on: June 02, 2014, 06:39:08 pm »
I have heard that their are more non toxic options for keeping your pool clean. Any ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

Non Bromine-non chlorine cleaner
« on: June 02, 2014, 06:39:08 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Non Bromine-non chlorine cleaner
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 08:04:55 pm »
There's a product call Baqua Spa and it has some off brands at are similar. I don't know if its any less toxic then chlorine, maybe more but they claim its gentler. Someone here is going to try hydrogen peroxide. I can't speak of bromine.

Some people used to swear by Nature 2 or the Spa Frog, ozone, non chlorine shock and a little bit of chlorine. Both the N2 and Frog have  silver ions that leak out as the filter runs. Be aware that some people had reactions to the shock.

I typically soak in water without chlorine and add it when I get out. If we having a party then I do add it because a lot of people in a small vessel can get bacteria going really fast.

Honestly, if your going to have an enclosed pool or tub you need chemicals to keep it clean.

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 08:52:39 pm »
Hi Lacey,

I’m the person who is trying hydrogen peroxide in my tub. My wife has chemical sensitivities and that is one reason we are going this way. But truthfully, I think we would be trying this even if she didn’t have these problems. We have a friend who uses hydrogen peroxide and swears by it. When we went for a soak in our friends tub it was a totally different experience. The skin was not dry but felt almost moisturized. No chemical smell what so ever - no need to rinse bathing suits, etc.

We have just got our tub up and running and have only had two soaks, so I can’t give you a lot of first hand information other than to say with this very, very limited experience with our hydrogen peroxide, we really like it.

If you would like more information there is one website in particular I can point you to. It’s more of a blog than a website. Just P.M. me if you would like this information.

I should also tell you, in case it’s important to you, that hydrogen peroxide is not accepted as a sanitizer for hot tubs in either the U.S. or Canada, but apparently it is in Australia.

Good luck with your choices!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 08:52:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42