What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Would appreciate advice on a new Hot tub  (Read 13164 times)

rosewoodsteel

Re: Would appreciate advice on a new Hot tub
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 02:30:23 pm »
To each their own.  I love the look of real wood. You evidently prefer synthetic.  Artic offers synthetic, I just wasn'interested. I am only an owner, so I don't have any sales pitches I'm just expressing my opinion. That said, when you look at the additional cost, I still don't believe that salt systems or sound systems are worth the money.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 02:30:23 pm »

dunecritter

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 03:02:27 pm »
Curious Rosewood...Is there a price increase for the handcrafted wood cabinet as I'm sure its more labor intensive to put out a high quality wood cabinet? I'll also admit that that Arctic shell looks far superior to any wood cabinet I have ever seen.

Quickbeam

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 03:15:32 pm »
To each their own.  I love the look of real wood. You evidently prefer synthetic.  Artic offers synthetic, I just wasn'interested. I am only an owner, so I don't have any sales pitches I'm just expressing my opinion. That said, when you look at the additional cost, I still don't believe that salt systems or sound systems are worth the money.

Sorry Rosewood, but while I do love the look of your tub, I don’t think I’d have wood on a tub either. That being said, I absolutely agree with you on the ACE system and the stereo system. There is another hot tub website out there, and one of the biggest forum threads on that site is about the ACE system. There are a lot of problems reported. And a lot of those who are reporting problems are at least claiming that the problem is not with their water balancing. But let’s just say Dune is correct and that most of the problems no longer exist. Even if it was working perfectly it still seems like a very expensive addition and if I’m not mistaken the replacement cost for the cell is somewhere around $1,000. So you need to pay what, somewhere around $1,000 + for the initial ACE cost and then every time you replace the cell it is another $1,000. Sorry, too rich for my blood.

As for the stereo system, there is no one who like their music more than me. I won’t go into detail other than to say I have an extensive music collection that I listen to a lot. I didn’t however, want to buy a stereo system that only had a one year warranty on it. Most of the major tub manufacturers have a very good warranty on their tubs, yet only warranty their stereo systems for one year. Has to be a reason for that.

I use a Sonos stereo system. All you need is an electrical outlet and access to wifi and with that you can take your speaker anywhere. Just use the app on your smart phone to control it, and you’re good to go!

dunecritter

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 03:56:32 pm »
I believe that HS only offers the one year on the Stereo not that it only has a 1 year lifespan but rather that is what the Vendor supplier for the Audio equipment probably offers? That's just my assumption and not a fact. We have had music on our wet floor models playing all day every day for over a year now so I'm not sure the life expectancy to be honest. But I would bet the first thing to fail might be the speakers?? Just a guess tho.

Bridges...Don't be afraid of the options...I've had great luck with all of mine. If I had a bad experience I would say so or I would not push it as I am.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2014, 07:33:46 pm »
Curious Rosewood...Is there a price increase for the handcrafted wood cabinet as I'm sure its more labor intensive to put out a high quality wood cabinet? I'll also admit that that Arctic shell looks far superior to any wood cabinet I have ever seen.
Dune, I paid nothing extra for the cedar cabinet and frame.  And yes, the construction is top notch.  My former tub had 1/8" veneer on particle board.  It was absolute $hit. I love the construction of the Artic.  They take pride in their work, and it shows.  Beam, I have no issues with the Ace system, just salt systems in general.

Quickbeam

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 09:52:51 pm »
I agree re salt systems. Just not that keen on introducing salt into my tub. Maybe I don't understand it but it seems to me that salt is pretty corrosive and I just can't see how, over time, it's going to be good for the tub.

Chartreux

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 10:20:40 pm »
Not intending to high jack this, but I would have to agree with Quickbeam,  in that aren't salt systems more corrosive? (Metal + water + salt + (high humid areas) = very corrosive and damaging) that's why Cars in Florida have rust problems...
I know a tub in time will get damage but a salt water system might get that sooner...

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 10:11:28 am »
Not intending to high jack this, but I would have to agree with Quickbeam,  in that aren't salt systems more corrosive? (Metal + water + salt + (high humid areas) = very corrosive and damaging) that's why Cars in Florida have rust problems...
I know a tub in time will get damage but a salt water system might get that sooner...

haven't seen a salt system corrode anything yet...but what do i know, we've only sold about 500 of them since '09..this is a forum though so all the "experts" who have never even seen the system in person seem to know it all, lol

dunecritter

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 10:49:22 am »

haven't seen a salt system corrode anything yet...but what do i know, we've only sold about 500 of them since '09..this is a forum though so all the "experts" who have never even seen the system in person seem to know it all, lol

We just took in a 2009 Vanguard High Life model last week with the Original ACE system on it and it was still functioning properly. ( this is the first version before any of the "Improvements" ) The tub has stainless jets and stainless ball bearing spinning jets throughout the tub and you could not see any signs of damage physically...I have not pulled a pump apart to see the internal side of the wet end to inspect but does not leak or make any funny noises telling me to do so. Tub is perfect in every way and the female owner has told me that the ACE Salt system was the best decision she has ever made regarding the tub. The owner was moving to NY and could not take it with her. She also mentioned that she has never added a bottled chemical other than the PH Down periodically and changed her water every 9 months as this is what she was told to do when purchased as she only used her tub twice a week on average.

Quickbeam

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 11:56:49 am »

I'm not Chartreux, but since he was agreeing with my earlier post, I thought I'd respond. First of all, I never said I knew it all, and secondly I never claimed to be an "expert". In fact, if you've read any previous posts you would know I am pretty honest that I'm anything but an expert. And in my post about salt being corrosive I specifically said "maybe I don't understand it". If it is in fact true that the salt systems aren't corrosive I think that's great. I also think it's great if people want to buy them. Still not for me though. The cost alone is enough to put me off and I would still wait a while longer until I was truly satisfied that all the bugs were worked out of the system.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 01:34:54 pm »
 I'm sure the salt system works fine, probably some issues out there that are more related to operator error more than anything.   As far as corrosion I suppose if the customer totally wanged it out it could happen over time, and I would think it would affect the heater more than anything.   

How the system operates can't be rocket science, just not a lot to them.   

petals20

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 09:18:22 am »
I've held back on asking this question but oh well here goes nothing:

Y'all know the steps? I was thinking isn't very dangerous to be standing on the shell with wet feet esp since many folks will have couple beers or wine before going in. It doesn't take much to slip off the lip and land on your keester or worst your noggin. I did 3 weeks ago just watering hanging plants, fell right on my back.

Ok so here's my suggestion,..why not just let your top half just naturally fall over the lip and slide in torso 1st? I think that's the easiest, it's like your a snake following the contour of the spa. Or if it's 33" or lower just walk over. IDK, those steps looks kinda nice but it's like an accident just waiting to happen.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 09:18:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42