What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Taylor Test Kit vs. Computerized Testing???  (Read 3498 times)

Quickbeam

Taylor Test Kit vs. Computerized Testing???
« on: May 27, 2014, 11:26:49 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I finally got my Taylor test kit and have run some tests on my tap water. Previous to receiving my test kit I had my dealer do some tests on their computer for me and I’m not sure which results I should trust? The results I got, using the Taylor test kit, are as follows:

PH - 7.4
TA - 220
CH - 210

Note that I was not sure the TA would really be that high, so I tested a second time and I got 210.

My dealer, using their computerized system, got the following results:

PH - 7.8
TA - 220
CH - 256

Which results should I trust, and what would you advise re balancing my water?

I’m thinking that if I were to go by my results that I got with the Taylor test kit, that everything is O.K. except the TA. Is the high TA something I need to be concerned about? Thanks so much for any advice you can provide.

Hot Tub Forum

Taylor Test Kit vs. Computerized Testing???
« on: May 27, 2014, 11:26:49 pm »

Isaac-1

Re: Taylor Test Kit vs. Computerized Testing???
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 11:40:38 pm »
Go with the Taylor test results, computerized testers require propper calibration and careful sample handling for best results, something many stores fail to do and this assumes that they are the type that are more than glorified color meters reading test strips that are prone to bleed over and color shift if not read at the correct timing.

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:04:43 am »
Thanks Isaac. I was leaning towards trusting the Taylor test kit results. Thanks again for your response. I do have other questions regarding my results, but I think I'll start another posting.

Chartreux

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 06:02:08 pm »
I had an older posting on tests kits as well and the overall majority said to go with the taylor tests kit...sure hope this helps.

Quickbeam

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 06:16:54 pm »
Hi Chartreux,

Yes it does help. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I also think it makes practical sense as this way I can do my own testing as I want when I want, and not have to drive back and forth to the dealer.

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 09:34:16 pm »
You should have the dealer do either a monthly or bi monthly check on your water and to keep the warranty good...read the small print and see what is says for the water testing...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 09:46:55 pm »
You should have the dealer do either a monthly or bi monthly check on your water and to keep the warranty good...read the small print and see what is says for the water testing...

There is nothing in a hot tub warranty that says who needs to test the water. If you have a Taylor kit it's easy to do yourself. Ph in a tub is very important

Quickbeam

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 10:08:24 pm »
Yes, I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the warranty about needing the dealer to do water tests. I would even imagine that some of the smaller dealers would not offer this service, so this just would not be practical to have in a warranty. When we were just looking for tubs I read the complete warranty, and certainly don't remember anything like that.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 10:08:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42