What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Chemicals  (Read 3855 times)

Chartreux

Spa Chemicals
« on: May 26, 2014, 07:28:13 pm »
1.I have chemical sensitivities, allergic to photography chemicals the ones that used to be used to develop film. Does this mean I should not get a spa? I do have a hard time of being in a therapy pool because of the chlorine smell can sometimes make me have an asthma flair, I did have a pool as a kid and never had any skin problems, so I basically want to know should I get a spa with having chemical sensitivities?
2. Is Nature2 safe and will that effectively kill bacterias?
3. What chemicals will be okay for me if I can get a spa?
4. I saw something that can be connected to a hose to better filter the water is that something to get as well???
5. Would the Hot springs spa be better for me because they use salt, and will the salt eat away the chrome faster???
Or would the Sundance spas be better with their Clear Ray system and does that even work efectively???
Sorry about all these questions...
and Thank You...

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Chemicals
« on: May 26, 2014, 07:28:13 pm »

Quickbeam

Re: Spa Chemicals
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:51:55 pm »
Have you thought about using hydrogen peroxide in your hot tub? My wife also has chemical sensitivities. We just purchased our first hot tub and initially at least, we will be using hydrogen peroxide (our tub is not up and running yet). We have a friend who uses hydrogen peroxide in her tub and it makes tubbing a different experience. No chemicals and your skin does not get dried out - in fact it feels softer. I was really impressed when we tried our friends tub. I'm not an expert in this by any means and there are some who do not believe in this method, but we are definitely going to try it. I would suggest you try googling for more information. There is also one web link that I found very helpful. If you would like it let me know and I'll PM you.

Chartreux

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 10:27:13 pm »
Once you know how the hydrogen perxoide works for you, you can then posts how well it helps...I might be able to try Bromine, for chlorine it's mostly the smell that affects me and I'll have a screened in patio room with a hanging ceiling fan off center so that it's not directly above the tub...and also the screened in room to keep little neighborhood children away and for more privacy...won't be dancing the gallows gig in a tub...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 07:05:25 am »
Chlorine dissipates very quickly and if used properly should be at a level as low or lower than drinking water for your NEXT soak.
Retired

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 09:46:00 am »
Once you know how the hydrogen perxoide works for you, you can then posts how well it helps...I might be able to try Bromine, for chlorine it's mostly the smell that affects me and I'll have a screened in patio room with a hanging ceiling fan off center so that it's not directly above the tub...and also the screened in room to keep little neighborhood children away and for more privacy...won't be dancing the gallows gig in a tub...
For most people, bromine is worse than chlorine.
For Nature2 to work without chlorine, you have to use a lot of MPS.  Again, people find that irritating.
The ACE system with Hot Spring generates natural chlorine and many other cleaners, such as ozone and active oxygen.  People find the water softer.
The Clear Ray system that Sundance and Jacuzzi sell requires the use of chlorine.

Bottom line, most likely there is a system that would work for you.  Others to consider might be BaquaSpa, a 100% chlorine/bromine free system and Silk Balance water conditioner.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 09:46:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42