What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Softub's warranty  (Read 4368 times)

terry gentry

Softub's warranty
« on: May 19, 2014, 04:33:20 pm »

I am very unhappy with my Softub for many reasons but the biggest is their terrible warranty.  They will not come to you without a very expensive trip charge.  You have to try to figure out a way to get it to them.  Ridiculous

Hot Tub Forum

Softub's warranty
« on: May 19, 2014, 04:33:20 pm »

dunecritter

Re: Softub's warranty
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 04:44:54 pm »
Just curious...What is considered a very expensive trip charge cost?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:15:19 pm »
Just curious...What is considered a very expensive trip charge cost?

The other question would be what's wrong with it? 

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 05:45:17 pm »

You have to try to figure out a way to get it to them.  Ridiculous

Isn't that one of the reasons people get Softub?  Because it is easy to move?

What are the other reasons you are mad?  Along with everyone else... I'm curious.

clover

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 09:51:20 am »

I am very unhappy with my Softub for many reasons but the biggest is their terrible warranty.  They will not come to you without a very expensive trip charge.  You have to try to figure out a way to get it to them.  Ridiculous
Terry, how long have you had your softub? 

What is the problem with it, mechanical, or other? 

Warranties are intended to cover manufacturer defects in material and workmanship, and is serviced by the selling dealer.  Is it the dealer that has the trip charge, or is it softub that you are dealing with direct?

What is the problem that has you so unhappy?
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Sam

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 07:42:59 pm »
Service trip charges are standard for most industries where a technician needs to come to your house.  The parts and labor are usually all that a warranty covers.  If the dealer you bought your car from had to send a technician to your house, you can bet there would be a charge.  Instead, they make you bring the car to them.  I have a home warranty.  My garbage disposal failed.  They came out and fixed it with no parts or labor charge, but I had to pay them a $90 trip charge.

I know you are frustrated but this is standard practice.  It costs a lot of money to have a vehicle, tools, insurance, wear and tear on said vehicle, and to pay a factory trained technician a living wage while he drives around in traffic to get to your house.  Warranties do not pay for all of those things.  They cover the parts and the labor.

If you provide more information someone here may be able to better assist you and possibly diagnose the issue.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 07:42:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42