What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What is the Rolls Royce of Hot Tubs/Spas  (Read 14630 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: What is the Rolls Royce of Hot Tubs/Spas
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 10:21:36 pm »
No reason at all. Top notch.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 10:21:36 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 10:44:00 pm »
just bought a Jacuzzi j365. Any reason jacuzzi has not been mentioned here?????

Like Tman mentioned,  no need to worry you did great!! 

Nazz26

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 09:57:59 am »
I have to agree with twincitieshotsrping.  Hot Springs hit a grand slam with the redesign of there new highlife tub models. Enjoy Memorial Day weekend and happy tubbing to all.

Chartreux

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 09:10:55 pm »
Went to the Local Hot Springs Dealer, yet another disappointment, no Jetsetter none, an 2013 Envoy that was way to deep, and No NXT Lines at all on the floor...and just wish when the companies had stuff out and online that they would make sure the store had  some in stock, to wow everyone...They said it would take about a month for them to come in, so will hold off for now and maybe schedule a wet test for the BullFrog provided a dealer has the R7L in stock...will be making a call soon...
Sundance here has a altamar coming soon to a showroom and will give me a call when they get it for my wet testing on that model...For Sundance it's between the Altamar, Victoria and maybe the Capri...
and the thing I hate the most is all them telling me that they don't need a 60 amp panel (for the jetsetter, and capri), why would I underpower a hot tub, would you under power a computer with 2 graphic card, no way, I built my computer and personally installed the mobo (mother board) and picked out all the parts and removed and installed good fans on the case...I can overclock...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 08:18:13 am »
I see nobody mentioned Artesian!  ;D Their Platinum Series tends to be different then other manufacturers. I don't know how they're doing these days but they used to have great customer service.  I own their Island series and have been impressed with it.

If they are still going strong financially I certainly would look at them!

Chartreux

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 02:25:17 pm »
The first Jacuzzi dealer had only 4 jacuzzi's and a bunch of Artesians tubs and well my husband just didn't like them. Just something about them sent my husband off to say "No"...He'd rather do the Bullfrog over the Artesians and they really didn't impress me with what they had on the showroom floor...I might look at the website...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 07:33:53 pm »
The first Jacuzzi dealer had only 4 jacuzzi's and a bunch of Artesians tubs and well my husband just didn't like them. Just something about them sent my husband off to say "No"...He'd rather do the Bullfrog over the Artesians and they really didn't impress me with what they had on the showroom floor...I might look at the website...

There's a reason why there are a few manufacturers out there ... not everybody is going to like the same thing!

cdn_cowboy

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 02:25:59 am »
Coyote is made by Arctic... I was actually doing some research on a new tub (well... our first one ever) and called them this week and got this answer in regards to the different between an "Arctic" and a "Coyote"... hope it helps! We ended up purchasing an H20 Tub today (manufacturer is local and showed us around... quality seemed great for price and we really liked dealing with them personally) just because in the end we didn't like the Coyote design personally... but they seemed like solid tubs.

From Arctic Head Office:

The primary differences between the Arctic line and the Coyote line are quite numerous, I will give you the major ones. You will se the difference in price I think if you look at the sum of the parts.

Shell - Coyote is Acrylic backed with ABS plastic and elastocast, Arctic is Acrylic backed with hand rolled fiberglass and resin, Arctic is stronger, better heat transfer, longer warranty.

Cabinet - Coyote is a 2 x 4 wooden frame with composite cabinet material insulated with a reflective backed foam around the perimeter. Arctic is solid grain, furniture grade cedar, 2 x 4 top and bottom rails with 3/8" tongue and groove walls, insulted with 3 1/2" of 3lb spray foam around the perimeter. Arctic will conserve heat better, also cedar does not rot and is insect resistant.

Floor - Coyote is a treated wooden floor covered with moulded ABS plastic. Patio blocks, paver stones or concrete pad is required. Arctic is pressure moulded Fiberglass and resin, this is the same technology they put on the bottom of Hummers for Military service for explosion protection. This creates its own foundation requiring only a hard level surface. Arctic is also completely sealed resisting insects, also rodents cannot chew through the Floor, it is too strong and thick.

Cover - Coyote is a 4" - 2" taper cover, core wrapped in Mylar Arctic is 5" - 4" taper, core wrapped in Mylar for moisture resistance. Arctic is reinforced with a steel C channel, rated for 2500 lbs spread weight load. A grown man can easily stand and walk across an Arctic cover without damaging it.

Jets - Coyote uses a combination of 1/2" fixed bullet jets, 2"non adjustable rotating jets, and 3" adjustable rotating jets. Arctic uses only 3 1/2" and 5" shaft mounted, fully adjustable, rotating massage jets, more flexibility and massage adjustment.

Motors - Coyote uses industry standard 56 frame open air motors. Arctic uses 56 frame Whitewater motors, totally sealed against moisture and dust. IP rated 5.5

Upgradability - Coyotes are fixed packages. Arctic can be upgraded at a later date with new options at a later date, in your back yard.

I have attached warranty info as well, there are some differences there as well.

This is not to say that Coyote is an inferior or substandard product, it is just built to the same standards as most of the other spa on the market. Arctic is constantly trying to improve upon and exceed those standards.

Either way you will be getting a fantastic spa.

Chartreux

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 02:07:49 pm »
Thank You cdn_cowboy. I appreciate the information.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 07:22:50 pm »
This is not to say that Coyote is an inferior or substandard product, it is just built to the same standards as most of the other spa on the market. Arctic is constantly trying to improve upon and exceed those standards.

Either way you will be getting a fantastic spa.

The guy was doing mostly OK until he threw this in to slam other products. Salesman....LOL, gulp.

It should read "it is built to the standards of other spas in it's category." Would of been more..... gentler.
Retired

cdn_cowboy

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 11:47:08 pm »
Haha ya I thought the same Tman122! Except it was just a customer service guy at their head office so I'm sure it wasn't meant that way. If he was a sales guy he would never have gotten to the point at the end where he had to tell me "not that it's an inferior product" - LOL. I have to admit I was very impressed and surprised that they took the time to give me that much info and comparison between their own brands... Talking to the sales guy at the store you wouldn't have thought there was really any difference at all!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 09:21:04 pm »
Come on, Tman! You really have to try hard to read something into that.    And anyway, if the guy did go overboard (which I don't believe he did), for $hit sakes, he works for the company.  What is wrong with him being excited with his product?
-You need a couple of red wines and a good soak in your tub. :)   

The guy was doing mostly OK until he threw this in to slam other products. Salesman....LOL, gulp.
It should read "it is built to the standards of other spas in it's category." Would of been more..... gentler.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 09:21:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42