What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for affordable spa suggestions  (Read 3046 times)

kauriel

Looking for affordable spa suggestions
« on: May 14, 2014, 10:01:01 pm »
Anyone have any advice or recommendations for a good quality tub at a low price?  We've looked at Nordic, Sundance, Freeflow, Bullfrog, and Jacuzzi and I've also been looking at Strong, Lifesmart, and Coleman online. We are leaning toward buying from a local dealer for support if we run into issues but the price of the internet tubs is tempting.  We also want to make sure whatever we get is fairly energy efficient so we don't pay more in the end with high electric bills.  Any suggestions for spas that are of low cost but high quality?   My husband prefers the acrylic look but it's not a requirement since the acrylics seem to cost more.  I just want something warm to soak in  :)

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for affordable spa suggestions
« on: May 14, 2014, 10:01:01 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Looking for affordable spa suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 11:17:37 pm »
 Ya know you are looking at a good selection of spas there, much depends on your budget which is??

If you can buy local, I would.   Internet can always save you money, but in the "long run" you have to look at what you are saving!     Internet spa= hey my spa isn't heating?  Call someone who cares.

Dealer= Hey my spa isn't heating, well try this and this, if it doesn't work give me a call back..   Granted that's a bit theatrical, but I hope you get the point..   

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 07:33:41 am »
Welcome to the forum!  Sounds like your off to a good start.  I've never heard of Strong or Lifesmart.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

kauriel

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 09:16:46 pm »
After weeks of looking and going to countless dealers we decided on the Sundance Peyton.  We were torn between the Sundance Peyton and the Hotspot Relay but went with the Peyton.  It was a tough choice since they were same price and both included delivery, stairs, cover, etc.  We went with the Peyton since it came with a free radio & ozone and mostly because we really liked one of the shell colors available for the Peyton  8)

We also considered some of the cheaper tubs but they didn't come with all the same freebies so we decided to go with the top of our budget.  I was really interested in Nordic but our local dealer only had one small tub in stock to look at and my husband preferred acrylic look so we went with the Sundance.  Will be a few months before we take delivery so won't have any updates for awhile as to how we like it.

dunecritter

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:12:10 am »
You ended up deciding between two great tubs regardless...congrats and enjoy when it arrives

Sam

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 04:19:53 pm »
Yay!  Grats on the new tub.  You picked a good one.  Time to play the waiting game and feel like a kid on christmas eve  :)

Jen2828

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 05:40:35 pm »
We just bought a Strong Milan, it's nice because the facility where they make them is right up the road from us.  We love it and it has a great warranty.  There are a bunch of people around here that bought them because they're local and I haven't heard any complaints yet.  Here is a pic when we first installed it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 05:40:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42