What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Status Indications Lights and your thoughts on these  (Read 3710 times)

Chartreux

Status Indications Lights and your thoughts on these
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:47:05 am »
Was at a Sundance dealer this past weekend and saw the "status indicator lights" on the 880 series and I'm wondering if this tech will be on all future models of hot tubs, Jacuzzi also has these on their hot tubs, are they worth having? Is this something that will be worth it? What's your take on these? Or is this something to pass up on getting?

Any Helpful advise and anyone here own a hot tub/spa  with this tech?   

Hot Tub Forum

Status Indications Lights and your thoughts on these
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:47:05 am »

clover

Re: Status Indications Lights and your thoughts on these
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:54:21 am »
Sundance has always had "status idicator lights" previously known as "icons" showing what functions are in operation.  They have microprocessors checking all functions like most other spas.  Sounds like a new twist on what's working, but, I would rather have a trouble log that would indicate a trouble shooting diagnostices approach which can be found in some spa control message centers today.   
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:52:53 pm »
I was kinda thinkin they would have an OBD port by now. But then scanners and software would cost an arm and a leg like in cars. Rates would go up. It's getting better.
Retired

dunecritter

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 06:17:22 pm »
I was kinda thinkin they would have an OBD port by now. But then scanners and software would cost an arm and a leg like in cars. Rates would go up. It's getting better.
OBD2 would be a kool addition....But the electronic green boards would have to have a lot more on them like processors to have memory...but should be no biggie? Even if the trouble lights would throw flash codes we could code the problem

mjb

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 06:29:44 pm »
Chartreux is referring to the external cabinet mounted
status light that is white when everything is alright
and red when there is an issue.
It is a handy feature to glance out to your spa and
know that everything is okay.

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 07:17:02 pm »
Yes, the light is yellowish when things are okay with the hot tub/spa and red when something is off...or wrong...

clover

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 07:27:09 pm »
yep, forgot about that one, tells you when the filter needs cleaning and the UV light needs changing amongst other things needing your attention. 
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

dunecritter

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 07:48:23 pm »
Chartreux is referring to the external cabinet mounted
status light that is white when everything is alright
and red when there is an issue.
It is a handy feature to glance out to your spa and
know that everything is okay.
Yes I was referring to that....for 4 or five years now Hot Spring has a two color external emblem...Half is blue indicating power and the other half is green. The green is solid when all systems are working properly and if there was something wrong it would flash green indicating attention is required. This is visible from the outside of the cabinet with the cover on. Newer Jacuzzi also has something similar now.

Chartreux

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »
Yes, unfortunately, it's not on the Jacuzzi models I'm leaning towards, I really like the Victoria (Sundance owned by Jacuzzi) and J-LXL neither has this light yet both are high end tubs...I sure hope Dimensions1 (also,  owned by Jacuzzi) Aurora has this light, or I may push off buying until these models get this feature. I also liked one Bullfrog model as well...My Husband is 6'2inches and fits the Sundance Victoria good. We will try to see if my husband will fit into the J-LXL, so for now we are looking at fit as well...So, most of the smaller tubs are outta the running...
I might look into the Hot Springs...I just do not want a very big over 6 person tub especially since it's just the 2 of us....energy ratings count as well and the Victoria borders almost a no go for the energy ratings...
Also, I need a textured tub due to my disabilities and the Jacuzzis do not have a textured blue, plus when I was in the Sundance (Jacuzzi) dealer someone else was wanting a textured blue tub, so maybe a textured blue or green should come back...but that's another discussion... 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42