What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Maxxus Delivered Today  (Read 12364 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Sundance Maxxus Delivered Today
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 10:46:56 am »
I must quickly say that I don't have experience with the tri-fold cover on a lift.

Of the ones I pictured, the III is the easiest to lift b/c it has air-springs to help.

The I and II are very basic, inexpensive lifts, but both work well. They are not as easy to work with as the III, but there is nothing 'wrong' with them, I suppose, though I haven't seen them on a tri-fold.

Did your dealer install the lift or just drop it off in a box?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 10:46:56 am »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2004, 11:01:46 am »
Electro. My heart goes out to you. When my dealer came to deliver my tub last month, they did everything. Set all the jumpers, installed the cover lift.  I've got the one that has hydrolic lift which makes it very easy to open and close. All this was being done while I filled the tub after they (dropped it) that is the term that they used to put my tub in place. And gave me all of the information which included the packet noted by starlite 'important owners information'.  

I agree. if you cannot get satisfaction from your dealer by end of day tomorrow, place a call to Sundance and tell them of your dissatisfaction.  You seem to have done what I did which is to take copious notes before and after purchase and delivery. My memory is just not as good as it used to be. That way you can detail everything to Sundance.  I'm certain that that will help you.

Electro

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 01:33:58 am »
Chas and others,

I have been considering this for a couple days now, without doing anything.  I continue to be disillusioned by the dealer's actions.  I plan to call him tomorrow.

The Covermate I, that I never asked for or agreed to, was installed by the dealer.  I do not want it, since it is clearly not sufficient for the Maxxus.  You had referred to some sort of trade, if the dealer won't take it back and if it was not installed.  But it was installed.  Does that make a difference?  

You indicated the Covermate III may be better for my disabled wife, since it has air springs.  But, another factor for us is the view around the spa when in use.  Pictures I've seen of the Covermate III show the cover hovering well above the spa; this is not good for us.

Pictures and a description of the Ideal Superlift 2 look better to me, based on the use of tension springs to assist in lifting; and it appears to allow the cover to ride down lower so that it obstructs the view less than most.  I saw it on the rhtubs site.  What do you think of this cover lift?

Tubber,  I have not heard from you yet?

Electro

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2004, 01:46:09 am »
Well, I was hoping you had a lifter still in a box that I could put on the shelf to sell, and I was going to send you a lift in it's place for the few bucks difference.

If you can package up the CM I completely, I do have a showroom spa waiting for one, and I could use it there.

The difference would be about $30, and shipping.

Is this the one?

I would be glad to help. I want you to enjoy your tub, and I want it to be easy for your wife to get the benefits you new tub has to offer her.

Tubber

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2004, 06:35:24 am »
Tubber,  I have not heard from you yet?

Electro

Sorry Electro been busy working. First thing is it's a big cover. I recommend a cover slide. This might noe be good for you with your wife as far as her limits. I'll try and make a call today and see what else is available.

Electro

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2004, 03:19:54 am »
 :-/ :) :-/ :) :-/ :) :-/ :) :-/ :) :-/ :) :-/ :)

I checked with Sundance today about what cover lift they recommend for the Maxxus.  They recommended either the CoverBreeze, which appears to be virtually identical to the Covermate III, or a Cover Slide type holder, which does not appear to be large enough to hold the cover.  I'll have more to say about this later, as I feel the manufacturers have not done a good job in developing their spas to compliment a lifter.

Tubber, Did you find anything recommended for the Maxxus?

Chas, The Ideal Superlift 2 that you pictured, looks good to me.  Are you familiar with it?  Do you think it would work well with my cover?  As I tried to explain before, the Maxxus tri-fold cover is like the covers for the Optima or Cameo, with a third fold that is about 20 inches by 92 inches.  The small fold is flipped over first from the front, then it and the second section are folded onto the third section.  Then the cover lift is used to lift all 3.  It is bulky and heavy.

I'm interested in your offer to change out the lift.  Would you be able to send or sell me the Superlift 2 or anything else that we find to be recommended; then I could use the packing to repack the Covermate I and send it back to you for credit.

Electro

Tubber

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2004, 05:48:22 am »
Electro we offer a Cover Caddy or the Cover Slide.  I'm trying to find some pics for you but just not having any luck. Unfortunatly the Maxxus in our showroom is dry so we have no cover on it the time being. I'm still working on it for you though.

Electro

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2004, 02:26:02 am »
 Hi Guys,                         :)   :)   :)   :)   :)

For those following my posts about the problems with the Sundance dealer, I made a mistake.

On re-reviewing my notes about the day I ordered the hot tub, I remembered incorrectly about one aspect of the purchase.  I thought we'd agreed on the Covermate 2, but my notes indicated that lifter was only if I agreed to the 2-fold cover, which was to be included without additional cost.  I paid extra for the 3-fold cover and for the Covermate I lifter.

I finally felt calm enough and called the dealer to discuss the lifter, how I believed we had agreed on the Covermate II, and how the Covermate I as installed is clearly not suitable for the Maxxus.  The dealer was quite clear that I'd bought and paid for the Covermate I and he was not interested in helping me in any way.  He also clearly stated that he stocks and sells only the Covermate I lift for all spas.

I did not argue, after it was clear that he was not going to help or give me any satisfaction.  He mentioned repeatedly that I'd gotten such a great deal and if the lifter didn't work well, so what.  I have checked and I paid about mid-range for this Sundance hot tub.  But, I also found that I paid very high additional prices for the cover, the lifter, and the Ozonator.  Most outrageous was that he tried to charge me $125 for the Sunglow LED lighting, which is included as a standard feature for 2004 on the Maxxus.

It is now very clear that this dealer is extremely self-centered and greedy.  I asked about purchasing several additional items and chemicals; to which I found he would sell only at his full "retail".  On checking his "retail" against other dealers' prices, his "retail" is about 50% higher than all others and 80-120% above web prices.  It is curious that he is not willing to come in or work when customers want him there, either early or late - he only works from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.  And, he does not allow his employees, who sell the chemicals only, to sell or even talk about the hot tubs.

Because I signed the Wells Fargo credit contract, I believe there is no recourse, unlike with a credit card.  It seems to me that if I complain to Sundance, this would give him cause to treat me badly if I need warranty or service.

With what I now know,  I would never purchase a Sundance product, solely because of his attitude.

Electro

Tubber

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2004, 06:03:45 am »
 I can understand your dismay with the dealer but that has nothing at all to do with Sundance. If any recourse should be made it should be with your local BBB office.  Your next step should be to contact Sundance and Wells Fargo, let them know about your problem and if there is any sort of resolve. Good Luck.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2004, 06:55:22 am »
:-/ :) :-/ :) :-/ :) :-/ :) :-/ :) :-/ :) :-/ :)

Chas, The Ideal Superlift 2 that you pictured, looks good to me.  Are you familiar with it?  Do you think it would work well with my cover?  

I'm interested in your offer to change out the lift.  Would you be able to send or sell me the Superlift 2 or anything else that we find to be recommended; then I could use the packing to repack the Covermate I and send it back to you for credit.

Electro

Yes - I can send you the Ideal Superlift 2, and you can send me the other lift for credit.

Please email me with your shipping address, and I'll try to get it on its way today.

Or call my Ventura Store and leave the address info with Jim, Josh or Stephen -
805-644-3232.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2004, 08:23:31 am »
You really should complain to Sundance.  They need to know about things like this.
Breman
Brewman

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2004, 09:49:15 am »
He comes in from 10:00am to 4:00pm and won't let anyone else in the store sell spa's. He won't come in early or stay late.

How is this guy still in business selling anything!!

Spahappy

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2004, 01:05:07 pm »
Good question, Spahappy!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2004, 02:46:49 pm »
Electro

If you are looking for recourse, don't give up on Wells Fargo.  Many times, with these deals, they actually issue you a credit card with all the advantages.  I had an issue a while back with an appliance and was refunded my money in full.

saz

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2004, 03:00:03 pm »
I DEFINITELY think you should take this up with Sundance too. As a consumer, as far as I am concerned the dealer is representing the Sundance company. I'm sure they would be very interested to know that you have been treated so badly. Afterall, as other posts have said, 1 happy customer can tell 2 people about their experiences, but 1 unhappy customer tells 22.
saz
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 03:01:44 pm by saz »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2004, 03:00:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42