What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New tub to replace 1992 Hot Springs Prodigy :-(  (Read 4708 times)

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
New tub to replace 1992 Hot Springs Prodigy :-(
« on: June 15, 2014, 03:05:34 pm »
 I have a 1992 Hot Springs Prodigy that was purchased new and was a great tub but just died  :'( . I am looking to replace it and I have it down to 3 different tubs. Size is important and that's why these seem to fit the bill.
1. Hot Springs Prodigy Spoke with dealer and said $ 8100 delivered but big sale next week and will let me know price.
2. Hot Springs Limelight Glow.Looks good but not sure of the price.Any Ideas on price?
3. Jacuzzi J 325  I called the dealer and was told $ 7800 delivered but to come into store and talk to a salesman .

Thoughts?

Thanks Ivan

Hot Tub Forum

New tub to replace 1992 Hot Springs Prodigy :-(
« on: June 15, 2014, 03:05:34 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: New tub to replace 1992 Hot Springs Prodigy :-(
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:37:43 pm »
If you liked your Prodigy, and it lasted 22 years, just get another one!
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

petals20

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 02:33:29 am »
Ivan, sent you a PM where you can get a Prodigy for $5800

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 07:42:14 pm »
I checked and didn't get any message?

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 08:09:14 pm »
No place has the glow and it's close to the same price as the Prodigy and Jacuzzi j-235. So I think it's out of the running. My wife and Granddaughter like the Jacuzzi and I am not sure. The equipment bay of the Jacuzzi looks better but also a little cramped so might be harder to work on. Both dealers seem good and have good reviews but the Hot Springs dealer is 1 hour away and Jacuzzi is about 15 minutes. The 2014 Prodigy now has a Moto message. Might be nice.

petals20

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 08:05:03 am »
I also initially had my eyes on the Glow but both our local HS dealers said they don't even bother to keep on display because it's not a big seller + not bang for your buck like the Prodigy which OTOH has been HS best selling tub until recently it was leap frog by the Jet Setter. One HS owner told me he has never sold one Glow.

So if you had the Prodigy then stick to Prodigy or the Envoy which are both HS best sellers I think for a good reason.

Chartreux

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 09:32:16 am »
I  looked under the panel of a Hot Springs Jet Setter and well one of the screws was placed wrong and got stripped, then once they got the panel off it well looked very messy inside. The Sundance had a nicer, clean cut on the inside compared to the Hot Springs and the side panel was easier to remove for easy access on the Sundance... Maybe take another look under each one again before making your final decision. Also, take a look at the warranties, I believe Jacuzzi has the longer warranty, plus you probably should go with what your wife  wants to make life easier for you....Other will probably say apples to oranges on the warranties...This will be a hard decision for you so take your time and write a pros and cons list. I have my pros and cons list started.
Good luck with what you decide on...

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 06:32:47 pm »
They took my old Hot springs Prodigy away last night. Kind of sad but I think I have settled on the Jacuzzi J-325. I did look in both the Hot Springs and the Jacuzzi control panel areas and the fit and finish on the Jacuzzi just seems nicer. I think I like the Jacuzzi dealer a little more and that makes a big difference to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 06:32:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42