What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Color and Texture Questions  (Read 2098 times)

Chartreux

Color and Texture Questions
« on: May 12, 2014, 08:18:36 pm »
What color is your Hot Tub/Spa and is it textured?
Because, I have no balance on my one leg would you recommend the textured tub?

Hot Tub Forum

Color and Texture Questions
« on: May 12, 2014, 08:18:36 pm »

mrpenguin

Re: Color and Texture Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 10:38:00 pm »
Could you get some hand bars around the tub and just get whatever color you like?
I have a smooth Opal, and yeah, it is slick, but you can use hands and other positioning to help stabilize you.

Chartreux

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 08:40:09 am »
Hand rails help, but if I loose my footing especially lately I go down...I know nothing is perfect but need to optimize my options... and I do plan to get the railing...

dunecritter

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 10:01:43 am »
I suggest buying you buy some clear bath tub traction decals for your entry area. Place the decals on your steps or any area that you might want extra no slip traction on the tub before you have it filled. They will most likely be invisible when the tub is in use and safer than sorry. I would buy two railings...one for each side...Better stability for you.

If you were to come in to my store I would steer you to a low height Jettsetter in sand finish (better Traction finish) this way you could install a hand rail and sit on the edge, Hold the rail with one hand and pivot sideways using your other hand to help your lower torso get in the tub never having to worry about slipping or falling , keeping your body low and never having the ability to slip and fall from an elevated position.

mrpenguin

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 10:34:47 am »
I wonder if any of the manufacturers would install rails inside the tub?  Just like the ones in the shower.   just need gaskets around them and screw them through the acrylic.  But, I wonder if over time and pulling on them, if the acrylic could crack/break.  added support behind as well, if room with all the plumbing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 10:34:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42