What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aquaterra Toscano II VS HotSprings TX  (Read 8794 times)

jaredjared

Aquaterra Toscano II VS HotSprings TX
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:10:00 pm »
I am in the market for a small hot tub, I've got my eyes on the Aquaterra Toscano II from Costco, which is 2639 with free shipping and the HotSprings TX from a local dealer (Kansas City) for 4245 with free delivery, setup and a free circulation pump ugrade.   

I understand they are both Watkins tubs.   The warranty is 2 years for HotSprings, 1 for Aquaterra.    I can get a permanent/ceramic filter for the HotSprings, but not the Aquattera.

Any advice?

Hot Tub Forum

Aquaterra Toscano II VS HotSprings TX
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:10:00 pm »

Isaac-1

Re: Aquaterra Toscano II VS HotSprings TX
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 11:16:47 pm »
All of the tubs sold through the big box stores are custom encheapend models which are built to a strict price point often cutting more corners than they should.  This is one of those places where you get what you pay for, at least to a certain degree.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 11:28:31 pm »
The aquaterra is exactly the same as a the Watkins freeflow tub. The parts are the same.  You can usually get it for cheaper then in stores but Costco won't put it where it needs to go and you can't really ask them any questions because they won't know

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 07:02:23 am »
The aquaterra is exactly the same as a the Watkins freeflow tub. The parts are the same.  You can usually get it for cheaper then in stores but Costco won't put it where it needs to go and you can't really ask them any questions because they won't know

And you can't wet test if you need to. You have to compromise if it doesn't fit perfectly. No dealer to help when problems arise.
Retired

dunecritter

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 10:12:11 am »
I'm constantly having to turn down giving any warranty help on Costco purchased spas...They are never given any instructions when purchased from Costco on use, placement, and water care and the buyers are always upset in the end...Most are thinking that the few bucks saved at purchase is worth it nut  when in actuality the support from the dealer is always the most important and helpful when owning your first tub.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 10:21:01 am »
All I can say is that TX price is really low, especially with the circa pump upgrade.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

jaredjared

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 09:37:12 pm »
update:  i went with the HotSprings TX.   I went and saw it today at the dealer and was impressed with the build quality.     I never did see the Aquaterra Toscano in person, but the same dealer had the freeflow units that are the same... obvious to me that the hotsprings hotpoint line is far superior to the aquaterra.

I got a deal on the 2013 floor model unit...  dealer said there is absolutely no difference between the 2013 and the 2014 units.    with the free circulation pump, it was a no brainer.   

Thanks for the advice!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 09:37:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42