What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is the retailer more important than the make of the hot tub?  (Read 3097 times)

ducru

We're looking at purchasing a new hot tub, but I'm grappling with a philosophical question.  We are debating between purchasing a Calspa hot tub from a small, reputable shop, which seems to offer very personalized service, and buying a Jacuzzi product from one of those big-box, pool & spa stores.  From what I've been able to gather, Calspa could be considered a second-tier product, while Jacuzzi is at the top, with a few others.  If this is indeed the case, is it accepted that it's better to buy a lesser product from a better retailer or purchase a better product from a lesser retailer (or at least, one that probably doesn't come running when there is a problem).  I would be interested in knowing what is generally accepted as the best way to go. Thank you. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 10:42:13 pm by ducru »

Hot Tub Forum

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Is the retailer more important than the make of the hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 11:03:00 pm »
You are correct.
Retired

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 10:38:33 am »
I would be concerned with a couple of things.  How long has the dealer been with Cal?  How often does he change brands?  Cal is not known for supporting their dealers.  If they split you could be out of luck. 

Jacuzzi will be more likely to back you if things go south with dealer.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

dunecritter

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 11:04:49 am »
Ditto what they said!

Chartreux

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 03:51:53 pm »
You can also look at Sundance at that is owned by Jacuzzi, so they have the same warranties and probably the same backing...Good to learn new things...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 03:51:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42