What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does it matter where you place the steps?  (Read 4287 times)

nightbird1103

Does it matter where you place the steps?
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:07:59 am »
This is a total newbie question, I know.  I couldn't find anything related in the archives :o
The tub we decided on is the Caldera Cantabria.  The way it's designed, it looks like I "should" put the steps tin the front by the control panel, but the spa steps will encroach a bit on a walkway. But you'd be stepping into the tub onto the higher cool-down seat.   If I put them on the opposite side you're stepping deeper into the tub, on a recessed seat. 
Now, I know not all tubs have a cool down seat, so does it really matter where I put the steps? 

Hot Tub Forum

Does it matter where you place the steps?
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:07:59 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Does it matter where you place the steps?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:38:32 pm »
Believe it or not most tubs do have cool down seats and part of its function is to provide easier access to the tub. Some build it into the lounge seat.  However that does not preclude you from putting it wherever the heck you want. Put it where it's the most comfortable for you.
Retired

Chartreux

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 11:14:22 am »
Maybe ask the dealer this question, or maybe put the steps at the best location that will give you a easy way into and out of your hot tub/spa.
So maybe try placing the step at different places and get in. Go for the best entry and exit place.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 04:22:26 pm »
Forget about the steps and just put a small trampoline on one side of the tub  :o

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 01:38:10 pm »
I thought that was a very good question.
In my case, I put the steps near the large lounger.  It is easier to step in at that spot than at others.
You have three sides to choose from (if you have a cover lifter).   Pick the one that works best for you.

buzzsaw90

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 07:13:10 pm »
I got my Cantabria last September and have loved it. I've got the steps in the 'normal' location. The only issue that you might run into are, shorter people/children might have a bit of a climb to get in/out.

The cover lifter for my tub goes to that opposite side. not sure what options you get on lifter placement.

---
update: just got out of the tub, and if you can put the cover lifter on the other side (has to be on a long side of the tub), you'll have a little less access to the filter compartment.

Also you can see what mine looks like set up in the 'show us your tub' page.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:17:07 pm by buzzsaw90 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 07:13:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42