What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Customized Tubs  (Read 3537 times)

Chartreux

Customized Tubs
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:58:14 pm »
Starting my search into these tubs and I really want one with just two long lounges, no seating. Also with different types of jets for each lounge. So which companies (Big names) and can they give me an extended warranty on a customized tub like this?
Also, do any companies come to the trade shows in Houston, TX? Which shows and where can I find you, please...
My Husband is 6'2" I'm only 5' 6"...

Hot Tub Forum

Customized Tubs
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:58:14 pm »

Topline Mike

Re: Customized Tubs
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:05:10 pm »
Are you sure about that?  2 lounges only?  I think you will be disappointed if you went this route.  I like to go from lounge, to seat, to cool off seat, back to different seat, etc. 

Bullfrog has a A8D, D stands for double lounger. 

Good luck.  Wet test before buying. 

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 05:34:14 pm »
I agree with Mike.   It is a nice change going from loungers to the various seats.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 06:20:01 pm »
Do you want something built in? Like in Fiberglas/Plastic/Concrete/Gunnite? Or portable? Just because we say portable doesn't mean you can easily move it. Have you done a google to see who the portable dealers are in your area? They may know an in-ground custom install guy or they may do it. You may have to make some compromises in the portable spas as you are limited to the manufacturers choice of layouts but they will be less expensive. But in the custom lines of shells and surrounds they can cut/put jets anywhere.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 06:31:17 pm »
Starting my search into these tubs and I really want one with just two long lounges, no seating. Also with different types of jets for each lounge. So which companies (Big names) and can they give me an extended warranty on a customized tub like this?
Also, do any companies come to the trade shows in Houston, TX? Which shows and where can I find you, please...
My Husband is 6'2" I'm only 5' 6"...

Its not wise to get a lounge spa without wet testing because if the lounge doesn't fit you then what. To get a double lounge without first testing it is doubly troubling. You will find very few double lounge spas in the market because there is little demand for it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 07:26:34 pm »
Yes, I will do wet testing. and yes, 2 lounges because of bad lower back and that I have an auto Immune disease which keeps me so very cold all the time, one doctor told me he'd throw me in the hottest water and keep me there. I did pool therapy last year and that kept me cold and I even had a 3 m wetsuit on for added warmth in the pool. Only draw back to the pool therapy was they had tons of chlorine in it and I just hope that a hot tub/spa would not need so much chlorine.
I did like the Clear Water Spa Signature XS76R online but do not know if they have a dealer in Houston, I also looked at a few Bullfrog and did find a dealer in Clear Lake, Texas. 

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 08:39:11 pm »
I agree with previous comments.  Before buying a lounge, test it.  Most people have said that's their least favorite seat after buying.  If you buy a spa with two lounges and you don't like them..wow, talk about disappointment.

Chartreux

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 04:26:23 pm »
I have decided on 3 models to try, however it'll take some time as the Marquis dealer is 150 miles away from me. Considering so far Dimensions One "Triad", Marquis "Spirit" and one from Clear Water Spa...and maybe one from Bullfrong as well...I'm going to take my time with this as it'll be a huge purchase and I will do the wet testing once we've decided on a dealer we can trusts...

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 05:35:22 pm »
I'm happy with the loungers in my Artic Klondiker.  I love the larger one.  My wife likes the smaller one.

Sam

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 07:54:21 pm »
The nice thing about the Bullfrog is that you can customize the massage in each seat, as you previously stated is a preference.  Try the oscillator and pulsator jetpaks.  Those 2 feel wonderful.

The Clearwater XS76R is nice because it is a full 36" deep.  Most smaller tubs are not that deep.

FYI, none of the tubs you listed is truly a double lounger.  Personally, I think the term "lounger" is kind of misleading.  I can "lounge" in pretty much any hot tub seat.  Many people prefer non-lounger seating.  Most first time buyers get a tub with a lounger.  Most second time buyers get one without.  I think this says a lot. 

All of the tubs that you listed are good.  Please let us know how the wet tests go and what your opinions are after that.  It's nice to get feedback from shoppers.

Isaac-1

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 08:43:46 pm »
While not strictly a double lounger, I would suggest you take a look at the Hot Spring Jetsetter, there is a dealer on the west side of Houston, on Hwy 6 just a couple of blocks south of I-10.  I have a bad back and love my older model Jetsetter, there are 3 seating positions, which I like to rotate through to work different parts of my back,  but it is for all practical purposes a 2 person tub.  Also while it is not technically a double lounger it does have a very shallow foot well, and can practically be used as one. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 08:43:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42