What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber question  (Read 4162 times)

RDF

Beachcomber question
« on: June 22, 2004, 11:16:15 pm »
Hey Steve, I tried my dealer first and he was getting different answers from the help line so I thought I would go to the answer man.. Problem is, whenever I kill the power for a water change or have a power failure, the hush pump will not run. The cure is to go into the box and pull one of the jumpers and pop it back on a different spot, wait 15 seconds and put it back to the original spot.  I think it is j-9..   I have a 730 with hush and no ozone.. Thanks again Steve,  Ron

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber question
« on: June 22, 2004, 11:16:15 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Beachcomber question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 12:20:23 am »
Hey Ron,

Ya know... I delt with this once about 6 months ago but I can't for the life of me recall what the problem was. ???

Leave it with me and I'll find out.

Steve

dhsherbert

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 10:15:00 am »
Ron,
Same problem here with 720. We get a momentary power outage and the Hush Pump stays off. While waiting for Steve's professional solution, you can advance the system clock 24 hours and the pump will restart. That's a lot easier than getting into the control board.

Doug

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 10:23:38 am »
Ron,
Same problem here with 720. We get a momentary power outage and the Hush Pump stays off. While waiting for Steve's professional solution, you can advance the system clock 24 hours and the pump will restart. That's a lot easier than getting into the control board.

Doug

Having no idea what I am talking about, I found this post interesting.  If you wait 24 hours will the pump start running?  Is there some reason they would set it to not run for the first 24 hours?  (Clueless, but interested)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dhsherbert

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 01:01:22 pm »
Bill,
The setup for my tub with a Hush Pump (circulation pump) is to run in two continuous 12 hour cycles. One at 0200 and the other at 1400. At each twelve hour period, the Hush Pump theoretically "restarts". I suggested moving the system clock ahead 24 hours just to keep AM/PM straight. The pump would have restarted on its own at the next 2 o'clock interval. BTW, Steve also told me to raise the TEMP setting and that will restart the circ. pump, but I'd rather reset the system clock and not raise the temp setting. I think there is more to this, but this is what I do until I get Tech. Support to come up with a solution.

Doug

RDF

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 08:52:18 pm »
You're right! I did nothing after the power failure and the circ pump is circing. Thanks for the tip, I guess sometimes less is best. Ron

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 08:52:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42