What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Spirit is finally here!! - so what's the deal with the wiring?  (Read 1616 times)

doodle

Electricians hooked up the 240.  Installers have the cover on and the water hose is filling the tub (which is like watching grass grow when you are impatient like me lol).   Can't wait!!   Going through the install process for the first time, I was curious on the forum's thoughts ...

My impression is that it seemed like the power was an after thought by Marquis.  Initially the electrician wanted to drill in through the front face of the tub (which I didn't think would be very attractive).  They ended up going through the side but it seemed like it took a lot of drilling and routing.   Hot tubs all have to get electricity so why doesn't the manufacturer already have this sort of planned out and ready to go?

Hot Tub Forum

rosewoodsteel

Re: My Spirit is finally here!! - so what's the deal with the wiring?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 02:07:37 pm »
They will say that it enables you to tab in on the most convenient side of the tub.   I say it is just for cost savings.    I understand, however, that BullFrog has a nice set up for accepting the electric tie in. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 02:36:05 pm »
There is 2 knockouts on the spirit for the wiring on the skirt

doodle

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 05:09:14 pm »
Interesting ...  well the deed is done so I guess it doesn't matter.  But where are the knockouts?   

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 05:32:47 pm »
If it was initially ordered to run on 110v, it might not have the two electrical pop-outs on the side of the cabinet.  Either way, it's fairly easy to drill in to the cabinet to run the electrical.  Enjoy your new spa, that's a nice one!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 05:32:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42