What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotsprings Envoy qustion  (Read 7018 times)

jerryk

Hotsprings Envoy qustion
« on: March 27, 2014, 01:53:06 pm »
After a lot of research I decided to go with a Hotsprings Envoy. Does anyone have one that they would like to share their experience, and also to go on not with the optional salt sanitizing system, $1300.00 option. It appears to be worth it considering what you would save over the life of it compared to the chemicals that would needed. Although it's a 2013 model, comes with a Stereo option for free now as a promotion, with cover, lift steps, salt system, delivery and tax about 13k. I would appreciate any feed back, as always thank you.   

Hot Tub Forum

Hotsprings Envoy qustion
« on: March 27, 2014, 01:53:06 pm »

dunecritter

Re: Hotsprings Envoy qustion
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 03:16:31 pm »
I own the Grandee with ACE...Love it. Wouldn't own a tub without it now that I've owned it. I've been skeptical and heard all about the issues they have had when it was first released but I believe they have it working smoothly now. Check out my personal thread on the ACE here... http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,17350.0.html 

Sam

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 03:34:17 pm »
I don't think you will save any money with the ace system.  You still need to buy chemicals, all that the ace system replaces is chlorine which is cheap.  And you still may find that you need to manually add chlorine.  You will also be replacing the cell which is around $800, I believe.  Some people are replacing them every year.

dunecritter

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 03:57:48 pm »
I would not buy the ACE with the intention of saving money....Yes you will eventually be saving money on chemicals but will still need to control the PH and Hardness to properly maintain the system and tub, but you will eventually have to replace the cell...I've heard reports from a year all the way up to 3 years. but you WILL eventually replace the cell as you go. So that alone will be the offset to any perceived savings. I have not had any issues with any one of our ACE systems yet (we have 6 in operation ) and a few are near the one year old mark now. I personally never add any chlorine...That's what the "Boost" button is for and I only need the PH Down in my area with my water conditions...So as far as buying "chemicals" I really don't... I only add PH down every other month and its only a few teaspoons to keep my water balanced...My bottle that came with my tub for free including a bottle of PH up and down as well as chlorine and MPS should last me a few years. The PH down only costs $5.99 retail...So no real expense there. Take it with a grain of salt....The ACE system is not just a chlorine generator....It produces 5 water care ingredients and nothing compares to it. No other spa Maker has anything like the ACE and Its often "Bashed" but remember....There is a cost for convenience and ease of water care...A lot of people take care of their own pools and Some choose to spend $100 bucks or more every month just to have a pool guy take care of their pool...That's $1200 bucks a year at a min...I think of the ACE system as my spa guy and when I have to replace the cell eventually...Its justified!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »
ACE is a nice option if you can swing the extra cost...it requires softened water which makes the soaking experience much nicer and it also takes some of the maintenance off your shoulders...its especially nice if you travel or are away from home quite a bit, you simply dial the system down to produce less chlorine while you are away.  approx. 75% of our customers are going with the ACE on tubs that are capable of taking it as an option and since the cell was updated approx. 2 years ago it really has been operating very well for us.

I suggest you talk with your knowledgeable local sales rep to give you the full run down on its capabilities and limitations...don't expect any "fair" responses from the haters on this site.  Haters can say what they want but the bottom line is the ACE has allowed us to increase sales exponentially over the last 3 years and make a lot of happy customers in the process.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 04:39:24 pm »
Wouldn't hitting the boost to shock it reduce the life of the SWG much like a pool one?  I think these are a great idea, but they aren't going to save you any money in the long run.  As far as "haters" I think everybody loves the idea of the generator, the biggest complaint that I have heard is that it doesn't last.  I know they (watkins) says they've worked out the kinks but I am still reading about failures in the newer units on different sites.

girlinhotwater

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 11:46:25 am »
Hi Jerry I also have the Envoy coming up on almost a year. Congrats you will LOVE it! I did not go with the ACE system only because of the expense, and the fact that I can add it on down the road. When I bought my spa it was $1k.  I'm hoping that they drop in price some day. I did exchange out some of the standard jets for the spinner jets which is something you can do easily. I use the chlorine, ozone and nature 2 method. It's a little more work, but I have crystal clear water with little effort. To make it simple though, if you can afford it, then I would recommend adding ACE. For me I was already stretching my budget to go with HS but decided to go for it! Life's too damn short sometimes you gotta splurge  :D

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 01:49:23 pm »
Agree with posts above.  ACE is not a money saver.  ACE does give the best, softest water. 
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Water Boy

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 04:06:38 pm »
Question for all the Hotspring dealers that replied. Can the customer add the Ace after the fact if they decide to? Or does it have to be factory installed at the time of purchase? If it can, if the customer isn't 100% sure, maybe they could try it out without the Ace to see, and then always add it later if still desired.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:15:15 pm by Water Boy »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 07:55:11 pm »
Question for all the Hotspring dealers that replied. Can the customer add the Ace after the fact if they decide to? Or does it have to be factory installed at the time of purchase? If it can, if the customer isn't 100% sure, maybe they could try it out without the Ace to see, and then always add it later if still desired.

the dealer installs them, it can be added after the fact...installation takes 15 min.

dunecritter

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 07:56:35 pm »
Yes the ACE can be added after/later to the Limelight and Highlife models only. It does not come factory installed on any models currently....The ACE is a Dealer add at time of instillation. The Hot Spot and Freeflow tubs will not support the ACE system.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 08:09:01 pm »
 So theoretically you could really install it on any spa for the most part with a circ pump?     

jerryk

Re: Hotsprings Envoy qustion vs. Sundance, La z boy, Masterspa.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 10:28:25 pm »
Hi everyone and thanks for all of the feed back.  The salt system is expensive, dealer states it will last 5 years @ 1300.00, other options are Silk Balance is $200.00 a bottle and that lasts 6 months or Freshwater $30.00 every 4 months. Looked at La z Boy, Master Spa, Sundance today as we had another show in the Detroit area. just when I thought I had it figured out I'm more confused. If you have any feed back or knowledge of these tubs or the chemical vs. the salt system please feel free to to respond, once again thanks to all of you who have.  Thanks Jerry.

dunecritter

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 10:33:32 pm »
So theoretically you could really install it on any spa for the most part with a circ pump?   
No....The ACE is controlled by the digital topside control panel and all modes/functions and parameter adjustments are through the topside. The system is not a stand alone add that has its own separate control panel. I've been told that there is a retro kit available that enables the ACE to communicate with some earlier Highlife IQ2020 electronics but I personally have no experience with this retro kit.

jerryk

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 10:43:37 pm »
Hello everyone and that for responding back. Here are the costs, salt system $1300.00, dealer says they last about 5 years, their other options are Silkbalance 2 bottles a year=$400.00 or Freshwater $30.00 a bottle every 4 months. We had a home show in the Detroit area, looked at Sundance, La z boy, Masterspa, Jacuzzi, all cheaper than Hotsprings, does any one have thoughts on these tubs both good or bad, thanks Jerry.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 10:43:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42