What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What Brand of Hot Tub is this?  (Read 5747 times)

Topline Mike

What Brand of Hot Tub is this?
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:46:36 pm »

Hot Tub Forum

What Brand of Hot Tub is this?
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:46:36 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: What Brand of Hot Tub is this?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 07:37:03 pm »
Doesn't appear to be to old, has a big lip over side rail design, vented cabinet may give away insulation style unless it comes from a colder climate. Hmm I'm terrible at this. Open the equipment cover and take a picture of the control panel and parts/pieces, zoom in.
Retired

Topline Mike

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 09:13:54 pm »
This tub is for sale on craigslist near my place.  It was listed as a "Jensen" tub.  My google search of jensen hot tubs came up empty, that's why I asked.  I decided to go take a look at it this afternoon.  The jensen name comes from the stereo system.  The tub had no name on it anywhere.  The owners couldn't find the paperwork from it, so they are clueless also.  They opened the cabinet up, and that's when I knew this wasn't the tub for me.  There was maybe an inch of spray foam on the underside of the tub, and no insulation on the skirting.  A nice film of scum covered most of the tub under the water, but they told me it is easy to clean.  Can be yours for only $3100!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 09:36:45 pm »
  Sounds like a internet/Costco spa.   I am sure there is a tag inside somewhere.   But for 3100 forget it!! 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 10:42:08 pm »
Pass
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 07:44:31 am »
If it was.a JBL.tub, I would be all over it.

Topline Mike

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 09:14:41 am »
I was hoping I would go look at it and find a high end name on it like Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance, Hot Springs, Bullfrog, Caldera..  but no suck luck.  The guy took off the panel that is facing you in the picture, and that's where the 3 big pumps were.  I read balboa on something in there.  The lady (now divorced) told me it was only a two year old tub that cost them around $12000 new.  I also read a hand written date on what looked like a control panel, 2009.  So, if it was a name brand, I would have written them off after looking inside.  The panel even had a warp to it.  I just can't believe someone on a hot tub forum can't look at the picture and say, "that's a so and so spa".. 

Another clue, the grey box on the top rail facing you is where the jensen stereo is.    The black box on the side panel is where you could hook up an ipod or something.  You can see a speaker popped up, it wouldn't stay down.  Maybe this tub is built for the South, but surely not WI. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 03:31:57 pm »
 Can you take a picture of the topside, or does it even matter at this point.   Sorry we don't have an answer for you, but there is not much to go on other than that picture..    My guess again is Costco/internet.   2nd guess would be South seas spa by Artesian..  They have that kind of recessed shell design in some of there spas..    The hand written thing is probably from who inspected the spa, which would be 2009 or that is at least when the Balboa pack was built..  But for a spa that's only 2 years old and the pack is dated 2009 did the pack itself sit on a shelf for 4 years?  Doubt full it's most likely a 2009 or 2010 spa and if the paid 12,000 for a no name brand who knows what it is..

Topline Mike

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 05:02:39 pm »
Jim, it really doesn't matter at this point.  If this is what you can expect from Costco, I'll just buy my cereal there.  If anything, I now have a better understanding of what a quality tub looks like. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 07:05:43 pm »
I was hoping I would go look at it and find a high end name on it like Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance, Hot Springs, Bullfrog, Caldera..  but no suck luck.  The guy took off the panel that is facing you in the picture, and that's where the 3 big pumps were.  I read balboa on something in there.  The lady (now divorced) told me it was only a two year old tub that cost them around $12000 new.  I also read a hand written date on what looked like a control panel, 2009.  So, if it was a name brand, I would have written them off after looking inside.  The panel even had a warp to it.  I just can't believe someone on a hot tub forum can't look at the picture and say, "that's a so and so spa".. 

Another clue, the grey box on the top rail facing you is where the jensen stereo is.    The black box on the side panel is where you could hook up an ipod or something.  You can see a speaker popped up, it wouldn't stay down.  Maybe this tub is built for the South, but surely not WI.

If the company that makes it doesn't have their name plastered all over it then their not that proud of it. Likely in construction of the tub also. Unless you just can't find it?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 07:05:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42