What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacing Balboa heater element  (Read 2511 times)

the boy raymond

Replacing Balboa heater element
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:46:10 am »
I need some help here please. As there are no hot tub engineers anywhere around where I live I am having to do my own repairs. I am trying to replace the heater element in a Balboa heater with sensors. I have obtained the correct element and it looks identical to the one I removed. I noticed that when I removed the old one I had to bend the element arms in order to get the elecrical connection posts clear. I thought replacing it would be tricky and was right. I am aware that I have to be very careful not to bend the posts. The first thing I noticed with the new element was that there were two metal clips holding the element arms together whereas the old one only had one on the end furthest from the posts. With those two clips in place there was no way I could bend the element arms to get the element to fit. I therefore removed the clip nearest the posts which was missing on the old one. I was then able to bend the arms enough to get the element in without putting too much pressure on the posts. I was able with a little difficulty to get the posts through the holes and the nuts on. The only problem I have now is that one of the element arms is touching the inner wall of the tube. I am unable to bend it away as its too springy. Am I right in thinking that to leave the element touching the tube will cause a short? I thought before attempting to remove the element again with the risk of damaging those delicate posts I would get some advice on here.  :-\

Hot Tub Forum

Replacing Balboa heater element
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:46:10 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Replacing Balboa heater element
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:18:17 am »
No, it wont cause a short.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

the boy raymond

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:36:26 am »
Thank you very much

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:36:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42