What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2007 Arctic Spa Glacier issues  (Read 4092 times)

Arctic tubbin

2007 Arctic Spa Glacier issues
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:06:01 am »
Hey all,

I'm having a very strange issue with my 07 arctic spa glacier tub. I went out this afternoon to check the water and turn the pumps on for a cycle since I haven't been in for about a week. Everything was working just fine. Later today I went back out to check the water again before getting in and a very strange error code was flashing. TOO HOT. Not HL but TOO then HOT. Also the only thing I can do on the panel is adjust the temp up and down the other buttons do nothing at all.  So I call my friend who has been a spa repair guy for many years and is basically a guru when it come to this stuff and he's never heard of it or seen it. I tried resetting the tub and it just happens again. I left the lid ion for about an hour in -19c weather and nothing changed jut the water got cooler. So then I pulled off a couple of the side access panels. Yes it was quite warm under there but nothing I thought to be HOT. Left the panels off for a couple hours to let it breath and cool off.  Just went back out reset the breaker again and same thing. First it comes up with a "A960" then HOT. If you push the temp adjust button it starts flashing the "too hot"

Someone please help me. I'm out of ideas.

Hot Tub Forum

2007 Arctic Spa Glacier issues
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:06:01 am »

rosewoodsteel

Re: 2007 Arctic Spa Glacier issues
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:44:07 am »
What does.your manual.indicare the A960 stands for? 

Water Boy

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:57:55 am »
Well, I have never ran into this either. So, I checked with my resident expert at Arctic Spas, and basically pack protection from getting stuck relays for the pumps. Here is exactly what he said in my email:

Attached is what the error means.  It was protection from stuck relays before there were redundant relays.

It shows this "error" on start-up.  Pressing any key gets rid of it... its just informational.  If his water ever does overheat then It would be reasonable to guess that his pump 2 relay has been sticking (based on "A9" - its almost never Pump 1 as it has a low speed and hence a "soft start:).

Its a confusing one but in short - reset the breaker, push a button to clear that message and everything should work fine.

So, I know you said you hit the temperature buttons, but you might try pressing pump one or two. If all of that doesn't work, then I am guessing something must be wrong with the spa pack, and most likely will need replaced. But, try these steps first to see what it does. Hopefully that will work.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:57:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42