What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to the forum, old tub died time for a new one need some advice!  (Read 5963 times)

H27686

Hello everyone just joined and wanted to get a little feedback on Nordic tubs, looking at the encore ls looks nice & durable for a northern climate and was recommended by several different people but figured I'd asked the group on your thoughts? Any info good or bad would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: New to the forum, old tub died time for a new one need some advice!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 06:05:50 pm »
Nordic makes a great value tub. Maybe not the flashiest or fanciest but a solid product.
Retired

habs

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 07:44:12 pm »
I am also in the market.... was told that hot springs and Thermo spas are good brands.... I have never heard of Nordic..... can you give me some ideas why that brand.... sorry I am not able to help you as I am just starting to look.... My wife and I have never owned a tub

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:48:50 pm »
Out of curiosity (and personal research) , who told you that hot springs and Thermo spas were good brands, and do you believe them?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

habs

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 04:30:37 pm »
Out of curiosity (and personal research) , who told you that hot springs and Thermo spas were good brands, and do you believe them?

Dr. Spa
 the Hot spring brand was by this site..... seems a lot of people talk about it and by the most part the comments or good and I did have the rep to the house.... thought they were very professionally and had answers to our questions.... as for Thermo Spa I was told by a friend that has one and he likes it never had any problems..... I have never seen his spa but did not like the idea that I can't see the brand and I would have to go the sales rep home or visit a customer property to look at the models...I would have to deal with someone over the phone to get service or chemical..... I did state that in my last post.... I still have not purchased a tub,  and we are open to your opinion.... As I said in the past don't mind spend a few more dollars to get a worry free experience....

Hottubprosne

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 01:43:30 pm »
We used to sell Nordic they are a basic tub but very reliable. Set it and forget it. They had a very low failure rate.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 05:17:33 pm »

Dr. Spa
 the Hot spring brand was by this site..... seems a lot of people talk about it and by the most part the comments or good and I did have the rep to the house.... thought they were very professionally and had answers to our questions.... as for Thermo Spa I was told by a friend that has one and he likes it never had any problems..... I have never seen his spa but did not like the idea that I can't see the brand and I would have to go the sales rep home or visit a customer property to look at the models...I would have to deal with someone over the phone to get service or chemical..... I did state that in my last post.... I still have not purchased a tub,  and we are open to your opinion.... As I said in the past don't mind spend a few more dollars to get a worry free experience....

Hot Spring has had a very good reputation for many years. Thermospas has a reputation as well but its track record is not so great. You seldom see them put in the same discussion. Do some searching on this site and elsewhere and stick around here for advice as there are some knowledgeable people here who can help you in your search.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Pers Onal

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 07:21:46 am »
Have you considered rebuilding the current tub?

If you like the seats, jets and design it may be viable to rebuild if the shell and plumbing are good.

I originally came here to determine what new tub I would get since I had issues with my 2000 model hydrospa.

I do like the spa, jets, seats, design, etc. After researching and considering the cost and realizing that my shell and plumbing are in excellent shape I have decided that I'm going to put in new pump seals, bearings, replace some jets and rebuild the frame and shell.

You say that yours died. But, many of the major parts are replaceable.

If yours didn't work well for you or if the shell is bad then you do need a new one.

However, I came here thinking mine had died. Then I realized that there is a lot of life left in the shell and basic plumbing. Also, I realized that there is going to be a reasonably high hassle factor wet testing, getting old tub out, new tub in, etc. not to mention 6 or 7 grand more than putting a bit into rebuilding.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 07:50:17 am »
Hello everyone just joined and wanted to get a little feedback on Nordic tubs, looking at the encore ls looks nice & durable for a northern climate and was recommended by several different people but figured I'd asked the group on your thoughts? Any info good or bad would be appreciated! Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, I apologize for not seeing your post earlier.  I guess it had something to do with all the painkillers.  ;)  I have only heard good things about Nordic's reliability.  I do know that Hocking County, Ohio claims to have more hot tubs per square mile.  (Scenic State park with cabin rentals and they all have hot tubs.)  Most of those are Nordic for the simple design and reliability.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 07:50:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42