What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just bought a Bullfor R6L  (Read 11601 times)

red2play

Just bought a Bullfor R6L
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:45:45 pm »
I've been to several sales places including some off brand and rec warehouse, Hot Springs, etc but the Bullfrog to me blew the competition away.  I Live in Atlanta and I believe that I have a reputable local dealer with the BF and the JetPacks sealed the deal and me "trying out the tub".  I found that the NeckMasseuse kinda pushed me to the Bullfrog brand.  I've only ordered the tub and I'll get it in the next 6 weeks and hopefully, I can post picts and give more detailed experiences. 

I'll also state that the only other product I strongly considered was the Hot Springs, didn't like Coleman (price vs what you get), any of the models from HomeDepot or Lowes, etc.  I strongly considered and called about the brands from Costco and Sams club but couldn't get in the tubs, so no thanks.  The things I LOVED about the Hot Springs was the salt Water filtration, the filtered water from EVERY jet but alas most of those options are only available in the high end model, not even HS has the coolest options in the mid or lower ranges.  Many of the mid range models for HS didn't even have jets in the recliner for the calves.

BTW, I really needed a spa for the therapeutic massage features for my neck, back, etc.  If I didn't have so many aches and pains from all of the stress, I could have lived with the HS or even the Arctic (didn't go with the Arctic because I live in a warm climate and the insulation was beyond belief but not as high on my list as the therapeutic stuff).  All in all very happy, first post of many I hope.

Hot Tub Forum

Just bought a Bullfor R6L
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:45:45 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Just bought a Bullfor R6L
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 07:55:34 am »
Welcome,

We will look forward to hearing about your experience with this tub, I personally have only seen this one myself online.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

meriflower

Re: Just bought a Bullfrog R6L
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 10:41:08 am »
Woot - congrats!   ;D  I have a R6L too and can't say enough good things about it!  The three jetpaks we have is the oscillator, neck blaster, and the rain shower.  My primary reason for a spa was for the therapy as well and having the ability to change out the jetpaks as my therapy needs change was a plus.  So far my favorite seat is the lounge and I like being able to switch out the different jetpaks (which is very easy to do).  We have had ours running since January and everything has been running perfectly.  We also looked at and wet tested HS (and many others) but for us Bullfrog provided the best therapy.  Look forward to seeing pics and sharing experiences!

Sam

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 02:55:05 pm »
Grats!!  Welcome to the family.  Please update us once she arrives.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 03:49:07 pm »
  Congrats on your purchase!! 

We introduced Bullfrog spas at the local home show this last week end..   They were a huge hit and are a really fun spa to sell with a great story.  Being a ex service tech and still the service mngr I picked one apart pretty good.  I am impressed with how they are built and the fit and finish are excellent.    Priced out not to bad,  people loved the jet pack options, pretty diversified with what you can do with these spas.  Honestly it really is a big selling point!     The changes they have made to these spa's is a night and day difference from what they use to be, considering a few of the guys that changed them came from Jacuzzi, it doesn't surprise me... 

And for those interested we are still selling Jacuzzi...  8) 

vangoghsear

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 05:13:39 pm »
Jacuzzi Jim, welcome to the dark side!   ;)

I have a Bullfrog 151R,  one of their Sportx models.  It's a round 5 seater with 1 jetpack.  Very pleased with it.  Enjoy your tub!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »
   And for those interested we are still selling Jacuzzi... 

I kinda like the name "Bull Frog Jimi"

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 04:17:52 pm »
  Congrats on your purchase!! 

We introduced Bullfrog spas at the local home show this last week end..  They were a huge hit and are a really fun spa to sell with a great story.  Being a ex service tech and still the service mngr I picked one apart pretty good.  I am impressed with how they are built and the fit and finish are excellent.    Priced out not to bad,  people loved the jet pack options, pretty diversified with what you can do with these spas.  Honestly it really is a big selling point!     The changes they have made to these spa's is a night and day difference from what they use to be, considering a few of the guys that changed them came from Jacuzzi, it doesn't surprise me... 

And for those interested we are still selling Jacuzzi...  8)

biggest point in bold....we just had a homeshow and I spoke with one of the Jacuzzi guys who sold Jacuzzi forever years ago and up until about a month was selling Bullfrog for 2-3 years...he went back to Jacuzzi because he was offered a sales manager position and he basically said the same thing....."Jacuzzi makes as nice, if not nicer of a tub and of course has the Jacuzzi name which everyone recognizes, but Bullfrog has a great "story" and everyone buys into it = easy sale"  Told me his average Bullfrog presentation was 20 minutes....average Jacuzzi presentation 40min - 1hr

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 05:47:02 pm »
 I would agree with that.    From what our Rep told us this last weekend, Bullfrog reps have been pounding the streets pretty hard.  They have switched over or gotten on the floor of quite a few Sundance, Jacuzzi and even some HS dealers..   Our Jacuzzi rep was not to pleased when she walked in and saw them in the store..     I sold against Bullfrog for awhile till the dealer went away, the changes they have made compared to what they were a year ago are so much better from what I see..

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 06:40:59 pm »
I would agree with that.    From what our Rep told us this last weekend, Bullfrog reps have been pounding the streets pretty hard. They have switched over or gotten on the floor of quite a few Sundance, Jacuzzi and even some HS dealers..   Our Jacuzzi rep was not to pleased when she walked in and saw them in the store..     I sold against Bullfrog for awhile till the dealer went away, the changes they have made compared to what they were a year ago are so much better from what I see..

oh ya, there flying any dealer who pushes good volume out to there facility for factory tours, etc

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 07:11:38 pm »
I would agree with that.    From what our Rep told us this last weekend, Bullfrog reps have been pounding the streets pretty hard. They have switched over or gotten on the floor of quite a few Sundance, Jacuzzi and even some HS dealers..   Our Jacuzzi rep was not to pleased when she walked in and saw them in the store..     I sold against Bullfrog for awhile till the dealer went away, the changes they have made compared to what they were a year ago are so much better from what I see..

oh ya, there flying any dealer who pushes good volume out to there facility for factory tours, etc

From what I understand, the factory is pretty impressive, compared to the average spa builder! 

Topline Mike

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 09:54:13 pm »
Hey ladies and gentlemen, my first post. 

If you don't mind me asking, what is an R6L worth new?  I am looking to buy a hot tub, new or used.  I have a chance at buying a used A6L soon.  My family of 5 went out today and wet tested some hot springs and marquis hot tubs.  The hot springs Grande was very impressive with the moto jets, but we really liked the marquis Epic.  Prices were similar in the $10,500 range with different options. 

red2play

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 02:11:29 am »
It depends on the area but I would say that it shouldn't be more than 8k based on what I paid for my R6L.  This included the cover, steps, delivery, Cd Ozonator, etc but didn't include the sound system, exterior lighting.  Actually, I paid less than 8k including all of the above options but I live in Atlanta where I believe the pricing is a little bit better than most places. Oh yeah, I was also able to choose my Jet Packs along with the color of my Jaccuzi.  The three Jetpacks are the Neck Masseuse, RainShower and FribroTherapy. 

Your price with the A6L seems to be right on as you get 5 JetPacks and other options.

Topline Mike

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 04:33:21 am »
Thanks for the response, red2play.  Actually, the A6L has 4 jetpacks, not 5.  What is a new A6L worth as a base price?   (no options)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 04:33:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42