What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Lifter Just Broke - Frustrated!  (Read 3202 times)

Darzmr

Cover Lifter Just Broke - Frustrated!
« on: March 03, 2014, 04:56:02 pm »
Yep, that says it all.  Hope I don't have to wait weeks for a repair.   >:(

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Lifter Just Broke - Frustrated!
« on: March 03, 2014, 04:56:02 pm »

Ryan VSO

Re: Cover Lifter Just Broke - Frustrated!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 05:00:51 pm »
what happened ?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:46:27 pm »
 Yeah cover lifts just don't break that often for no reason.   Usually it's an over weight cover, which I know is not your problem. The other is kids, the last is Murphy's law..     I hate to say it, but your one of those spa owners that just keeps having problems with their new spa, they always seem to come in three's.  I think this is number 3 for you? 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 08:12:47 am »
Yeah cover lifts just don't break that often for no reason.   Usually it's an over weight cover, which I know is not your problem. The other is kids, the last is Murphy's law..     I hate to say it, but your one of those spa owners that just keeps having problems with their new spa, they always seem to come in three's.  I think this is number 3 for you?

I learned my lesson on that wiht my first tub. Thought we had an inch of light snow and was too lazy to brush off the cover first. I didn't realize we had ice before the snow so the cover was really heavy and it really damaged that lifter.   Now I make sure the cover is cleared off first.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Darzmr

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 09:09:58 pm »
I keep the cover clear of snow/ice.  It's one of those space-saver lifters, has the arm within a sleeve.  It'd given me resistance several times before, but always dropped down.  This time I was rocking the darn thing to get it to give, and give it did! When I called about service, the girl told me I could still use the tub.  Ummm.. yeah, half of it, lmao.  Tech's coming out tomorrow (thank you, God) to replace it and put in the new hand jets. And yes, Jim - this is number 3.  Hope I'm done for awhile. 

dunecritter

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 11:51:23 am »
People sometimes forget to unlatch the rear cover straps and push back on the cover overstressing the lifters and covers resulting in something giving up...Pretty simple mistake but happens only once if something breaks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 11:51:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42