What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Plug and Play - Viking Vs Freeflow?  (Read 4164 times)

ssladick

Plug and Play - Viking Vs Freeflow?
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:11:11 pm »
I am going to be purchasing my first spa, just a small unit that works with 110 for my patio. I have found a couple great deals on craigslist for used spas.

The first is a Viking Plug and Play V100 (not sure what year). Asking $300. Works perfectly
The second is a 2004 FreeFlow Sport, asking $400.

In your opinion which is the better option? Is the Freeflow worth $100 more?

Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

Plug and Play - Viking Vs Freeflow?
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:11:11 pm »

Isaac-1

Re: Plug and Play - Viking Vs Freeflow?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:20:43 pm »
When your looking at such low prices, the better questions might be, is there anything wrong with them, which one will be cheaper to repair / maintain, and also which one fits you better? 

p.s. you should know that Freeflow is now owned by Hot Spring

ssladick

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:04:58 pm »
I asked both sellers and they both said they would be happy to show me that the spas work before selling it to me.

Should something happen down the line which company do you think has easier to find parts?

Thanks for the info!

Isaac-1

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 10:07:54 am »
I honestly don't know, but it looks like both use mostly off the shelf parts.  From what I have looked up the Free Flow Sport, is a series not a specific tub, the current round tub in the Sport series is the Aptos which is a 78 inch 290  where the Viking V-100 is a 72 inch 240 gallon.  While I know it is not always the best way to compare things, if you go down the spec list it seems the FreeFlow wins on every point: more jets, bigger pump,  more features (light, covertible to 240V for more heat if needed (1KW at 120V or 4KW at 240V, where the V-100 is 120V 1KW only).

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 03:30:50 pm »
Both are entry level spas.  Viking had a much better rep back then as free flow didn't really begin to get a better rep until Watkins bought them out.  Parts will be easy to get for either tub as they are off the shelf type of parts not proprietory.  For the price you probably can't lose either way.  I would see which one is in better condition and buy that one.  Check out the covers and look underneath.  If the cover is all bleached out then there is a good chance that the spa has been chemically abused and I would probably buy the other one. 

ssladick

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 01:56:29 am »
Thank you everyone for the input! I ended up with the FreeFlow TLX for $300. Hoping it will be a good first spa.

Thanks again!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 01:56:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42