What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to forum and new to spa purchasing...some brand specific questions.  (Read 3655 times)

ew505

Hey All...thanks in advance for your help. 
I've read through a number of "which spa is better" threads, and have learned a lot already.  Now that I've narrowed my search down to two specific models, the D1 Meridian and the HS Pulse, I have more specific question regarding cost.  What is a reasonable starting price for these two models?  The local D1 dealer (where we tested the Meridian) quoted us a price of $9,100, but in speaking with a couple other dealers over the phone, I've heard numbers all over the board...$8,500 from one and $7,500 from another (neither were real clear and said it was a new model they hadn't yet received pricing for...they were just guessing).  The local HS dealer gave us a number around $9,500 for a floor model Pulse, and I haven't been successful at all with checking that number against other dealers.  I just have no reference points, and was hoping some of you could help me get a feel for it.

Thanks again for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Isaac-1

Re: New to forum and new to spa purchasing...some brand specific questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 04:31:11 pm »
The problem is the price is what it is, when dealing with new tubs like this, it really does not matter if a dealer 350 miles away is selling the same spa 10-20% cheaper because you are going to be relying on the dealer you buy a new hot tub from to provide warranty work for the next several years.  If warranty coverage is not a concern for you, then you might be better off buying a good condition used hot tub at substantial discount.  Generally speaking a lot of what ever price you pay for a new tub is going towards that warranty coverage, to give you an idea of depreciation on even slightly used hot tubs, I just saw an ad for one 10 miles from here on a online classifieds ad and went as far as to exchange a couple messages with the seller.  (Note I recently bought a very good condition used 1998 HS Jetsetter)  Anyway the tub that is for sale near here is a 2013 HS Jetsetter, new price according to the ad (fits with going rate) was $6,500 asking price is $3,000, it has been up for sale for about 5 days now.  (correction looks like it just sold in the last couple of hours).  I paid $1,000 for my Jetsetter less than a month ago, and could not justify the $3,000 for the newer slight larger jetsetter with only 2 more jets and a Moto-massage DX over the plain Moto-Massage.   
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:39:05 pm by Isaac-1 »

ew505

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 05:35:38 pm »
Thanks for your input Isaac...good point about the warranty service.  I know price is a relative thing, but there's got to be some standard from dealer to dealer, right?  Isn't there an MSRP?  This is the first time I've not been able to find at least some published pricing info when shopping for a major item.  It just strikes me as odd, is all.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 07:41:59 pm »
The d-one at $9100 would be way overpriced in my opinion. It's from there at home collection. I would think that tub would be somewhere in the $7's. The hot spring has a much better warranty and in my opinion is the better tub. Hot tubs usually have msrp pricing that should give you an idea of where to start. Problem is some manufacturers go real high on the msrp so it seems like you are getting a better deal then you actually are.  I sell marquis and there msrp are close to what you can expect to pay for a given tub. The other thing with hot tubs are the prices really vary from dealer to dealer. A dealer in a major city will have higher operating costs so will charge more. Shipping also pays a big factor in pricing. I try to order tubs by the truckload which enables me to save a couple hundred dollars per tub versus the guy ordering them one at a time. What is your price range and in what state are you in?

ew505

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 09:40:35 am »
Thanks for the reply Hottubguy.  I'm in New Mexico, and I'd really like to keep the price in the $7-$8k range.  The HS dealer seems very established, and the warranty is good, so we might be willing to push our budget to get into the pulse. 

One other question...is the Meridain a new model?  I've had multiple dealers tell me that, but in searching the boards, I've found threads from 2012 discussing the purchase of this model.  We'll be visiting another dealer this weekend who is technically a D1 dealer, but specializes in Marquis (yes, this is one of the dealers who told me over the phone that the meridian is a new model and he didn't have pricing info yet). 

goneaway

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 10:28:39 am »
I bought my Artisan island from a family friend in the summer last year.
I have the original invoice showing the purchase price of £5500 in 2009.
I paid £1000 for it..

These thing depreciate faster than cars, only with a lot less to go wrong in my opinion.
The £4500 saving i made, will pay for a heck of a lot of repairs should anything go wrong.

You may find a dealer willing to offer a warranty on a used tub ??

Ryan VSO

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 05:11:11 pm »
Hey All...thanks in advance for your help. 
I've read through a number of "which spa is better" threads, and have learned a lot already.  Now that I've narrowed my search down to two specific models, the D1 Meridian and the HS Pulse, I have more specific question regarding cost.  What is a reasonable starting price for these two models?  The local D1 dealer (where we tested the Meridian) quoted us a price of $9,100, but in speaking with a couple other dealers over the phone, I've heard numbers all over the board...$8,500 from one and $7,500 from another (neither were real clear and said it was a new model they hadn't yet received pricing for...they were just guessing).  The local HS dealer gave us a number around $9,500 for a floor model Pulse, and I haven't been successful at all with checking that number against other dealers.  I just have no reference points, and was hoping some of you could help me get a feel for it.

Thanks again for your help.

Dealer make 40 % margin average , some dealer will let it go for less and others wont . I thought that giving price over the phone was not approved by most of the manufacturer am I correct ?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 05:11:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42