What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: best after market jacuzzi covers...  (Read 3260 times)

44blues

best after market jacuzzi covers...
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:14:06 am »
My spa doesn't have a roof over it & gets some summer sun, so I want to buy a good quality cover that can take some Ohio snow etc. I'd like to get one that has some slope so water and melting snow doesn't accumulate on it.
Is "Sunstar" a good replacement cover? A local pool/spa shop is offering free delivery and free disposal of old cover with purchase of a new Sunstar cover. Any other suggestions?

-thanks in advance for the info
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:27:35 pm by mtnsurf »

Hot Tub Forum

best after market jacuzzi covers...
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:14:06 am »

dunecritter

Re: best aftermarket jacuzzi covers...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 12:19:36 pm »
I personally try to replace things with OEM parts etc....But without knowing what brand tub you currently own I would say that Sunstar is a good alternative as they have a good reputation of building OEM like quality. (I'm not sure if you used the term "Jacuzzi" as a generic slang for "hot tub" or the tub is actually a Jacuzzi brand) I also like to use OEM as the cover locks and latches will be correct and as the location and length of the straps.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:23:59 pm by dunecritter »

44blues

Re: best after market jacuzzi covers...
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:30:04 pm »
thanks for the feedback. Yes it's a 2006 Jacuzzi 400 series. I figured OME Jacuzzi covers would be a bit pricy too.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:51:09 pm »
 Not a lot of the custom order spa cover guys will do the 400 series covers because they are not your normal type cover, shape and skirt wise.   You would have to call and find out if they do.  Dr,Spa on here would be worth checking with I believe he has the specs for the 400 series.   Or order through a dealer and your looking at 600 bucks give or take..

Isaac-1

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 05:05:40 pm »
You should at least call your Jacuzzi dealer, I bought a used Hot Spring tub about a month ago, and at first thought I would need a new cover, so did some shopping around.  Surprisingly I found that an HS cover through the local (ish) HS dealer was priced competitively with the mail order cover dealers as a lot of their price was related to delivery charges.  It was still a little higher, but within $50 or so

44blues

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 09:40:40 am »
Thanks for the feedback. I called Sunstar before I ordered the cover. They assured me they had a template for my year & model Jacuzzi and that the skirt is 6 3/4" long (same as my factory cover) I ordered one that was rated better to stand up to the elements etc. I may try to make or have someone make a fitted tarp to go over top of the cover to protect it from direct sunlight

-Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 09:40:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42