What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to buying a hot tub... looking for some help !!!!!!  (Read 20107 times)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: New to buying a hot tub... looking for some help !!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 03:16:12 pm »
Thermospas is one of if not the worst hot tub in the market. The guy running the place is a complete joke. I know they have been bought by the company that makes jacuzzi but they left Andy tournas in charge. Big mistake in my mind. He is the major reason they filed for bankruptcy in the first place. If your looking for a junk tub with horrible customer service then thermo is the way to go

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 03:16:12 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 03:19:57 pm »
 Still have no clue as to why Jacuzzi bought them, or the group of investors anyway.   They must have seen dollar signs there...

habs

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 03:48:09 pm »
Went to the home show and these are the brands I found.........."Clearwater spas" with a salt system the rep was very weak spoke about the salt system more than the tub.....I am not sure about a salt water system thought I read that it is hard on the pipes/joints, just not sure......... the next one was "Four Winds" and again the rep was weak could not answer what we thought were basic questions ......... the next one was "Life's Great spas" the reps were talking to other customers so we just took a brochure and moved on will do some research.... the next had Vita and Bullfrog both looked good and the rep was very knowledgeable, the one question we forgot to ask was why would you want to change out the Jetpack on the Bullfrog why not just change seats? Also he told me that an Ozone systems basically a waste of money they create a gas and also dry out all your head pieces and you have to replace them and the brands he reps do not have them on their systems. Is Sundance owned by Jacuzzi?.. If so does that mean they use different quality parts...The rep called me and wants to come over for a visual on our property.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 06:04:03 pm »
the one question we forgot to ask was why would you want to change out the Jetpack on the Bullfrog why not just change seats?

This is how I feel. Gimmicky.
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 07:02:42 pm »
When I was still searching for a spa, I checked out the prices on their jetpacks to see what future costs might be.
Ouch....!

Isaac-1

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 09:14:51 pm »
My concern about the whole jetpack thing is that they offer them in so many colors that it completely kills any potential resell potential.  So if you decide the $500 is not right for you anymore and want a different one there is little chance of either selling your used one or buying one from someone else through sites like ebay, etc.  Instead you might be able to trade it in with the dealer who will mark it up again and sell it to someone else at a large fraction of the price of a new jetpack, etc.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 09:16:30 pm »
Dont they offer a 30 or 60 days trial ??

habs

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 09:21:59 pm »
the Bullfrog dealer today did not say anything about a 30-60 day trial............ Is that an option?????

habs

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 09:26:16 pm »
The Bullfrog dealer stated that he would sell a extra jetpack if we wanted one for $600 he would give us 3 months of chemicals and would charge us for a lifter

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 09:48:29 pm »
$600. 00
That is a lot of money to most people.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 09:52:03 pm »
they should offer a return policy with those jetpack ... I mean we do offer a 60 money back guarantee on our spa and let the custumer try the jet configuration that come by default for 60 days aswell and if they want to switch jets we ask them to send us the old jets and replace them by new one at no charge . I would ask if they let you try those jetpack just to see if you like them and if not just return them back .

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 08:48:34 am »
You know, if I liked one jet pack more than another, I would use it for a while and just move to the better one. 

Ryan VSO

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 12:12:31 pm »
hey Rose any update on your tub ? should be on your pad verry soon !!

habs

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 02:33:40 pm »
I am leaning towards a Hot Spring tub..... I have not wet tested yet so that might change my mind.... but the retailer here is very good.... not a typical sales person.... says the tub will speak for itself

meriflower

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 10:31:14 pm »
I own a Bullfrog - going on two months and loving it. Why would you want to change out a jetpack?  Let's say you have a favorite seat or let say you have a particular favorite view.  I have 3 jetpacks and I have swapped out all three on my favorite seat, the lounger.  I have two that are stronger and target specific spots and then one that is soothing.  You can move your favorite jetpack to your favorite seat and/or to see your favorite view.  Also I can change out jetpacks if my therapy needs change.  Additional jetpacks would cost me $500 but at least I'm not stuck with the same.  Don't know anything about a trial period.  Also I heard that they are coming out with some new ones so that just opens up more options.  For me it's nice option to have and something that I like compared to my previous spas.  I get more of a variety with my Bullfrog.  As for the colorls kind of a non-issue.  They offer them in different colors to match the different shell colors they have available.  You can also get different color packs - you do not need to stick to your shell color.  Any pack I get I plan to keep. 

Wet test as many as you can is my recommendation.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:53:14 am by meriflower »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 10:31:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42