What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Air Jets?  (Read 7824 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Air Jets?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 01:35:28 am »
Oops, not true on a HotSpring, and some others: the air injected into the water through the jets is a much smaller volume of air than a blower system. As such, it can be drawn from the cabinet on some spas, and since the jet pumps are running at that time, the heat they put off is directed into the jet air intake system.

HotSpring designed a pump shroud to do the dual purpose of cooling the motors better, and recycling the heat from the jet pump motors into the water via the air system.

BTW HotSpring has never put blowers on its tubs in 27 years. I know some people like them as evidenced by the posts above, but in my experience both selling and repairing other brands, when the blowers break, very few people want to pay a dime to replace or repair them - especially if they have a good jet system.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 01:35:28 am »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 10:13:40 am »
When the service tech was over this past weekend (small glitch with the cover lifter) I asked him about this question of where the air intake is for the air blower and if it was different for the jets. He described exactly what you described Chas. The intake for the air in the jets is within the pump itself. It requires about a 10th of the volume needed for the air blower system. I would tend to agre that the heat as a secondary source for the air in the jets would make it warmer.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 10:38:08 am »
When the service tech was over this past weekend... He described exactly what you described Chas.

You obviously have an exceptionally wise service tech...  ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2004, 11:06:38 am »
When in doubt always go to the expert source Chas. In all matters except the hot tub that is my wife, the hot tub expert (s) that's TJ the service manager for my dealer  and of course the many professionals on this board :)

ZNICK

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2004, 12:20:24 am »
***and where does the air come from that replaces the "90 degree" air from inside the cabinet... the "15 degree" air no?  The blown air doesn't get heated in either case***

Of course the air from outside of the cabinet eventually ends up inside... it's not "sealed", but the blower takes a LOT longer than 1 second as someone suggested to use up all of the warm air within the cabinet.  (certainly you MUST be joking!)

I definitely agree that HS has one of the best systems for this I've seen on that type of spa... HS has one of the best engineered tubs on the market.

I can run a thermospa for 30 minutes,  then remove a panel, and the inside air is a LOT warmer than the outside air!  I'm guessing it's still well over 70 degrees! (I'm going to test this with a thermometer)

As far as someone saying the blown air doesn't get heated, it may not get heated "directly", but with a thermopane tub the pumps, heater and blower all constantly create heat, (as shown in Chas diagram) and it warms the air inside of the cabinet.  

Keep in mind as well, that the heater is heating the water, and the 103 degree water temperature also aids in warming this air, before it enters the blower.

Z
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 12:23:57 am by ZNICK »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2004, 12:20:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42