What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Towell Warmer?  (Read 9740 times)

dunecritter

Towell Warmer?
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:30:50 am »
Does anyone out there use a towel warmer box and if so what is it, where can one buy one, and do you like them?

Hot Tub Forum

Towell Warmer?
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:30:50 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Towell Warmer?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 04:25:27 pm »
I made one, there's pictures on the board someplace. But your in AZ what do you need it for those cold 60 degree nights  ;D
Retired

dunecritter

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 04:29:15 pm »
Well don't tell anyone but us AZ natives are sissy's

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:37:06 pm »
I have a good friend in Yuma. I go there almost every year. Not this year though. Wish I was there now. 17 days in a row with lows below 0. Which is funny because the record is 60
Retired

Pers Onal

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 10:01:52 am »
I don't have a box, and what we use is indoors. The hot tub is about three steps away outside the master bath.

Anyhow, we have towel warmer racks that stand on the floor and plug in to the ac outlet.

I like to use them after I shower, in the winter time.

Don't know how well they would work outside.

We like them and have them in all the bathrooms.

ntmad8tr

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 11:54:10 pm »
I also built one. Haven't seen the pictures of the one Tman122 built but i made a box 25"x25" and bought 2 replacement grill racks for the towel shelf. Put in a couple 100 watt drop lamps for use as heaters and then lined the whole thing with Reflectix insulation and tada instant towel warmer.  I did change out the 100 watt drop lamps out with a 500 Watt halogen lamp because the drop lamps were just not heating the towels to our liking.  That halogen lamp definately does the trick.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 12:23:32 am by ntmad8tr »

dunecritter

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 09:00:39 am »
I also built one. Haven't seen the pictures of the one Tman122 built but i made a box 25"x25" and bought 2 replacement grill racks for the towel shelf. Put in a couple 100 watt drop lamps for use as heaters and then lined the whole thing with Reflectix insulation and tada instant towel warmer.  I did change out the 100 watt drop lamps out with a 500 Watt halogen lamp because the drop lamps were just not heating the towels to our liking.  That halogen lamp definately does the trick.
Would you be kind enough to post a pick of your handy home brew box? This sounds like a great project!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 05:56:47 pm »

LOL when did you build yours? I built mine in the year 2006. Same except expanded metal for the rack and an outside switch. Check here.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,8335.msg100132.html#msg100132
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:00:28 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

ntmad8tr

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 04:51:50 am »
I built mine about 4 weeks ago when the one the wife bought for me stopped heating. It is funny because looking at your pic you posted..it looks awfully similar. I will get some pics of mine in a week or so. (going to Gatlinburg when I get off work Friday morning. I like the thermometer in the top of yours just might have to steal that idea....

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 07:00:07 am »
I have one of the store bought ones. You can see it in my thread in the "show us your hot tub" section. We like it, but you need to turn it on about 15 mins before you plan to get out so the towels will be nice and toasty.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,16194.0.html
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Quickbeam

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 02:59:16 pm »
I have one of the store bought ones. You can see it in my thread in the "show us your hot tub" section. We like it, but you need to turn it on about 15 mins before you plan to get out so the towels will be nice and toasty.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,16194.0.html

Hi Spoiledrotten,

I looked at your towel warmer in the other thread and was wondering if it was purchased from "Brookstone"? I was going to get one of these for my wife, but she has some serious chemical sensitivities, and I noted in the reviews on the Brookstone website that there were some reports that the towels would have a peculiar smell on them when they came out of the warmer. Have you ever noticed this with yours? Thanks.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 10:40:51 am »
I don't smell the towels due to my senses being burnt up from the hot tub chemicals.

Just kidding about that. But seriously, I haven't noticed any smelly towels when they are removed from the warmer.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Quickbeam

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 09:55:58 pm »
Thanks Spoiledrotten,

I just ordered the same towel warmer online. For anyone else who is interested, it is currently for sale at $30 off, and there is also a 5% discount coupon you can find online.

rin-spa-aic

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 03:14:54 pm »
I have the Brookstone, it's still putting off plastic manufacturing fumes when it heats. Used less than a dozen times so far though.

Towels don't really have an odor anymore, it's more the room it's in.

Couple more uses and I think they will dissipate.

It works and works well.  I can get my towel out long after the cycle ends and it's still warm.

Quickbeam

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 07:34:42 pm »
Thanks rin-spa-aic,

It is the Brookstone I just ordered. From the pictures of Spoiledrotten's towel warmer I had assumed it was also from Brookstone and since he said there were no fumes, I ordered it. I'll just keep my fingers crossed it is O.K. Thanks again for the information.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 07:34:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42