What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Here I am again looking for any info but especially the regulars.  (Read 9931 times)

swinging4us

OK today  I think is the last day of checking local dealers that I have been able to find of Google. WE live in DFW and would love to hear any input or names of dealers in case we missed someone. Today we are looking at Morgan spas (I know heard lots of negative things as well as some positive), father in law has even had one for 8-9 years but he can kinda be on the cheap side so I question a lot of his decisions. At he other palce they sale Aries. IS anyone familar with them really haven't researched them but we thought we would at least give everybody a chance. So we will check them out. PLEASE feel free to input or insight would be better. And finally the Jacuzzi sales manager is supposed to be back in town today. Please reply ASAP as I am ready for some relief after 27 yrs at UPS and ready to make a purchase we have been putting off.

Jacuzzi Jim this is really directed at you the most. Our local Jacuzzi dealer does not have a j 375 in either store. So we haven't wet tested or even sat in one. They are about to place an order and said if we can get it in in time they can save us a little (does this sound right or sales pitch). We really like the layout of the j375 due to the lounger and 3 seats. This tub will mainly be used by my wife and me and occasionally by our kids when home from school (daughter has degenerative herniated disk in lower back and will prob be home 2 maybe 3 years before setting out on her own).
We entertain about once a month for diner and drinks, usually 4-8 including ourselves. So we like the idea of six seats for people.
MY real dilemma now is what should I do. Wait on them to bring in a j375 whick they said they have no idea when on will be here (Do you know other dealers outside DFW area?) or roll the dice on the j375. I'm a little bit of risk taker but something in the neighborhood of 10k is a big risk. Never would buy a car without a test drive. So this is also a time problem> I'm tired of fretting about this decision.  Probably my biggest worry is I'm about 6'3" and 240-260 depending on how healthy I'm eating at the time. Wife is 5'6" and both kids over 5'10. What I'm getting at will this tub fit me? Anything to compare to? lounger and seat? After sitting in so many tubs I've discover many not a good fit. Really appreciate the info. BTW love the HOT SPRINGS Aria- not the way it's laid out with only two chairs but loved the side by side cool down seat.  Jim is it comparable to j375 and how much more might it be worth?

Hot Tub Forum

Isaac-1

Re: Here I am again looking for any info but especially the regulars.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:35:39 am »
Hi, I too am new, and have been shopping, just struck a deal on a used tub in Conroe last night.  Anyway I am not sure exactly what you are after, but in my shopping I found this one listed in DFW on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viking-Heritge-Spa-Hot-Tub-/231143446289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d1391711  I only mention it because while looking up the model here on the forum one fellow user that was considering this model said he was 6'6" and it fit him well.

Ike

p.s. note text says $4,500, but price at the top shows $3,500 or best offer, so I suspect it has been relisted with a price drop and they forgot to edit the text
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:37:38 am by Isaac-1 »

swinging4us

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 11:26:08 am »
Thanks. Don't know anything about Viking. Really looking for new tub. Only brand I think I might consider used would be Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Sundance or maybe Caldra since they are made by same company as Hot SPrings. Just want piece of mind with quality. I don't think a 7k original price tub is going to do us but thanks again.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 12:49:26 pm »
Thanks. Don't know anything about Viking. Really looking for new tub. Only brand I think I might consider used would be Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Sundance or maybe Caldra since they are made by same company as Hot SPrings. Just want piece of mind with quality. I don't think a 7k original price tub is going to do us but thanks again.

I got your email, I sent you my cell phn # give me a call when you get a chance... 

Isaac-1

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 02:38:56 pm »
I know the feeling, I passed up a lower quality used tub that is 3 miles away in favor of a used smaller Hot Springs that is 150 miles away.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 08:08:51 am »
We just finished our search and are the happy owners of a sundance cameo.....we also tried maax which we liked but couldn't find a lot of information on them.  They have an XL model which is a couple inches deeper.  I'm 6 ft and hubby is 6-1 and we both fit fine....except for one seat that was a little deep for me. 
We did find that it was amazing how much different some models "fit".  We did try the jacuzzi 400 series and liked that one too.  Our dealer in  Indiana had 2013's they were blowing out....discounts of 25% plus off.  Now I did question the msrp price of 14,000.00 but discount was about 9,000.00.......
If you are looking sting multiple manufacturers and wet testing...take notes!!!!!  Otherwise they do become one big mono-unit!!!!!  Bottom line for us was the dealer...his knowledge...and our confidence in him.  He has come thru for us repeatedly already.  We've had a couple of issues but are assuming that these are just the "bugs" and not a look down the road.  One speaker was not working and now the led waterfall lights went out.....the dealer got the tech out right away on the speaker and the lights are on order.....we've used it daily until the last couple of days....-20's yesterday and -36 this morning.....don't want anything to freeze off.....well maybe a couple of pounds!!!!!!  Lol. Enjoy your search!!!!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 06:43:24 pm »
Now those are some words of wisdom. "enjoy your search" So many people don't. They are intimidated by dealers. They are intimidated by a lot of things about a hot tub. But not very often do the enjoy their search when they should.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:31:08 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Mudheadsports

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 08:33:31 am »
We felt like we did waste a few days in our search with some of the dealers in the area....but I looked at it as we were still learning something.....hubby got irritated, but we still were narrowing our search...unfortunately for some of the manufacturers, because of the dealers.  If you're looking for a recreational/therapeutic item it should be fun!!!!!!! 

dunecritter

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 04:05:44 pm »
If you liked the HS Aria...did you see the HS Vista? I loved mine...I recently replaced my Vista with a new Grandee model with the ACE salt system....So far I'm loving it. I needed to know the benefits of the ACE system myself from true real life ownership experience. You could never get me to switch back so far....But only time will tell. I've owned ...LA Spa, Coleman (Maax), Sundance Optima, Jacuzzi and another Jacuzzi, then a Hot Spring Vista and now the HS Grandee. I only changed out my Vista to upgrade to the new ACE and my 2007 Vista electronics wouldn't support the new system. But the Vista and Grandee would support your height and comfort requirements easily. I'm only 5'9" and the tub makes me feel as tho I have a mile of room. I know there's a dealer in DFW....Colemanbackyards.com if you have not visited them yet.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:49:12 pm by dunecritter »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 01:01:26 am »
  You seem to go through some expensive spa's  :o   Coleman is actually cal-spas not "maxx"  Sounds like a poster child for HS spa's..

dunecritter

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 02:22:38 pm »
  You seem to go through some expensive spa's  :o   Coleman is actually cal-spas not "maxx"  Sounds like a poster child for HS spa's..

Jacuzzi Jim, I have owned a number of hot tubs in my lifetime and I'm someone that will always give someone the straight truth answers using my real life experiences with my own ownership experience. I purchased my first hot tub new at the age of 20 in my first house that I purchased ...yes at a very young age and I've been blessed in business my whole life and I'm very thankful for being where I am today. With that said without bashing what so ever I believe I'm entitled to be a "Poster Child" as you describe me...for a product that has provided me with reliable, comfortable service. I never said anything bad about Jacuzzi. I personally feel they make a fine product but I'm out of tune with what they offer in models today where I know all about the HS line, Remember Jim..."They" said they liked the HS Aria..... And one more thing...Coleman by "Maax" is correct. I still own this spa in one of my rental homes...I snapped a photo of it for you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:48:45 pm by dunecritter »

meriflower

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 03:39:33 pm »
Your Coleman must be an older model.  Maax used to make spas with the Coleman name on them.  I remember looking at them and IIRC their selling features were the use of a metal frame and thermo pane insulation.  Today Cal Spas has the rights to the Coleman name.  It's nice that you have personal experience with so many different spas that you can perhaps help any perspective buyers who are interested in one of the brands you have own/owned.  Also welcome to the forum!   :)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 04:52:22 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim, I have owned a number of hot tubs in my lifetime and I'm someone that will always give someone the straight truth answers using my real life experiences with my own ownership experience. I purchased my first hot tub new at the age of 20 in my first house that I purchased ...yes at a very young age and I've been blessed in business my whole life and I'm very thankful for being where I am today. With that said without bashing what so ever I believe I'm entitled to be a "Poster Child" as you describe me...for a product that has provided me with reliable, comfortable service. I never said anything bad about Jacuzzi. I personally feel they make a fine product but I'm out of tune with what they offer in models today where I know all about the HS line, Remember Jim..."They" said they liked the HS Aria..... And one more thing...Coleman by "Maax" is correct. I still own this spa in one of my rental homes...I snapped a photo of it for you.

Thanks meriflower, and yes coleman the name anyway is "now" owned by cal-spa .       As far as your original post dunecritter I never accused you of bashing Jacuzzi, I simply stated you have owned some expensive spa's and yes the poster child thing should not have been said, for that I apologize!   I did not intend it to come across like it did.      I am glad you have been fortunate with your business many these days are not.    One more thing, he would have found the info on the HS informative, but he purchased a spa last week, I am sure he appreciates the info on it..     

Also welcome to the forum
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:54:18 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

dunecritter

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 05:15:31 pm »
Jim, I appreciate your message and I'm sure you have seen many people posing or boasting things to promote for their own intentions and so for that reason alone I understand. Thx

Meriflower, Thanks for the welcome! I truly enjoy my Hot tubbing! I've personally been in motocross many years and have sustained many injuries including bolts and plates in my body. I hurt sometimes...The tub makes life sooo much better...I'm the true testament. Once I've Crawled to my tub as I could not stand or walk....My back was in a bad place from the gym and after 30 min I walked out. I was 90% all day but the pain came back the following morning and I did it all over again! That was my first real life experience with just how powerful the water therapy really is. Its real!!!!
Thx guys

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 05:15:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42