What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Laguna Bay X-3 Junk?  (Read 3784 times)

Isaac-1

Laguna Bay X-3 Junk?
« on: January 24, 2014, 03:39:49 am »
Ok, I think I probably know the answer to this one, but as you may know I have been looking for a good quality smaller hot tub.  Anyway as chance would have it I ran across this "51 jet" 6 person tub for sale locally, appears in good condition, still has water in it and owner claims everything works.  I have read some horror stories on here and other places about Lagona tubs.  Keeping in mind I am a DIY'er would you even consider one of these if the price were $1,500 and less than a 5 minute drive away, how about offering $1,000 I know it has been on the market for almost 2 months, but not well advertised so they may be open to offers. 

p.s. upon doing some research this one appears to be at least 3 years old, as it has the pre Sept 2011 style control panel
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:03:55 am by Isaac-1 »

Hot Tub Forum

Laguna Bay X-3 Junk?
« on: January 24, 2014, 03:39:49 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Laguna Bay X-3 Junk?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 05:54:11 am »
I wouldn't unless it was a few hundred or free.
Retired

Pers Onal

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 03:43:26 pm »
I wouldn't unless it was a few hundred or free.

yep. And I'm not familiar with laguna bay.

I'm just saying unless it was one of the top names, and less than three years old, I wouldn't go for any used hot tub for more than several hundred.

I believe the current owner may well think he's giving a great deal and it's well worth the money, etc.

While they can be moved, and put into place - they're not really designed to spend several years in one location, and then expect them to be trouble free after another move. JMO.

Wouldn't be in the slightest surprised if the bottom were to fall out when you try to pick it up.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:57:30 pm »
look at it close.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 08:59:20 pm »
I see you are all over the place with this..just buy a Costco tub ..and if you don't like it in a couple of months simply return it..you are playing with fire with a used Chinese tub ..sounds like you have enough stress..Costco will deliver it and even pick it up if you are not satisfied and it's relatively cheap

Isaac-1

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 10:35:00 pm »
I am going to pass on this one, it is just very tempting being fairly cheap and more importantly nearby.  Instead I think I am going to likely go with the used Jetsetter

Ryan VSO

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 09:05:29 pm »
good choice , laguna are made by the same people from infinity spa and check what happened with them :P

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 09:05:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42