What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Online Deal on quality 3-4 person spa?  (Read 7873 times)

brillskill

Re: Best Online Deal on quality 3-4 person spa?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 10:13:47 am »
the aquatera would not be in stock at any costco..it is drop shipped from the manufacturer..i thought you were looking for an online tub?..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 10:13:47 am »

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 01:51:37 pm »
The guys that delivered my HS tub had a trailer about 5x8 or 5x10. They had a 2" pipe fixed up to toll along the top of the rails so when they got where they were going, they unstrapped the tub and rolled it to the back while lifting the back of the tub. They had stops welded to the back of the rails so the tub would stop when they got it to the back. I thought it was a great idea.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 06:35:44 pm »
the aquatera would not be in stock at any costco..it is drop shipped from the manufacturer..i thought you were looking for an online tub?..

He is looking to buy online but I am trying to talk him out of it because he also said he wants good hydrotherapy and comfort. Not sure how he is going to get that if he doesn't try them out at least dry. But preferable wet.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 07:07:34 pm »
These Costco tubs are not going to give him the same experience as a jacuzzi or hot springs..this I know from personal experience..but they are def worth the price point

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 06:04:44 am »
These Costco tubs are not going to give him the same experience as a jacuzzi or hot springs..this I know from personal experience..but they are def worth the price point

They might be worth it. 5-6 years from now you will find out. If it only last's for a couple years I'm not sure there is much value there.
Retired

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 09:55:41 am »
frequently goes on sale for 2999 is made by watkins and has costcos backing...http://www.costco.com/Aquaterra%e2%84%a2-Spas-Transport-25-jet%2c-5-person-Spa.product.11757426.html

Unfortunately the closest Costco is on the west side of Houston about 150 miles away, which is not so bad distance wise, but I hate the idea of having drive all the way through the middle of houston pulling a trailer.  (for the most part the east side of Houston is the idustrial / bad side of town so).

I think I will check with Terminator though to see what they have, even though it is 190 miles away it is mostly rural 4 lane federal highway between here and there, not as easy driving as being on the interstates, but not much worse, just a handful of stop and go towns.  Alternatively it is about 3/4 interstate going the long way around at about 225 miles.

A couple of other side questions, is there any better or worse times of year to buy?  And when it comes to hauling on a trailer are spa's normally carried right side up on on their sides?  Just wondering for trailer selection, I have an 18 ft flatbed car hauler with an 83 inch wide deck  and a little 5x8 lawn mower utility trailer, needless to say the little 5x8 is a lot easier to pull.
You would buy from Costco.com not Costco if interested in Costco spa.  Here you are talking best deal, not best spa.
If you shop with Terminator, you will be looking at a whole different quality product.  Better jets.  Better filtration.  Better warranty.  Etc.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 08:02:42 pm »
He will for sure pay more with Term but if I read the OP I think it said he wants it for his aching muscles and he was looking for quality. That costs a bit more.
Retired

Isaac-1

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 03:20:03 am »
I decided to go with the $1,000 used Hot Springs Jetsetter J, at the price if I don't like it I am sure I can resell it and get something different.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 10:35:42 am »
Isaac,

Congratulations! Hot Springs is a good tub.
At that price, you can throw a few more bucks at it is anything goes wrong, and still be ahead of the game.
Let us know how it all works out.

brillskill

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 11:00:43 am »
Gl

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 11:00:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42